Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OH MY MY!!!!! I'll be at this show for sure!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OH MY MY!!!!! I'll be at this show for sure!!!!!

For release: Mon, January 22, 2007

MAJOR TOUR ANNOUNCEMENT:

RONNIE JAMES DIO, TONY IOMMI , GEEZER BUTLER AND VINNY APPICE HAVE REUNITED FOR THE HEAVEN AND HELL TOUR 2007. JOINING THEM WILL BE MEGADETH AND DOWN.

LOS ANGELES, CA, January 22, 2007 - Putting to bed the longstanding rumors of a reunion tour, Heaven and Hell have announced their first tour dates for 2007. The tour will feature 11 Canadian shows, along with an exciting one-night-only performance at one of the most prestigious venues in the world, New York's Radio City Music Hall. Heaven and Hell reunites Ronnie James Dio, Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and Vinny Appice for the first time in 15 years.

Currently there are 12 scheduled stops, starting on March 11 in Vancouver and ending on March 30 in New York City. The ‘Heaven And Hell’ world tour will continue until the end of the year with shows in the US, Asia and Europe. Additional dates will be announced shortly.

Multi-platinum recording artist Megadeth will be joining the tour and previewing never before heard material from their new CD United Abominations, due out May 8th on Roadrunner Records. The tour also brings the return of Down, featuring Phil Anselmo and Rex Brown from Pantera, as well as Pepper Keenan of COC. This will undisputedly be the most anticipated rock tour of 2007.

The heavy metal icons are also scheduled to release a new anthology entitled Black Sabbath: The Dio Years. Anticipated release date is 4/3/07 on Rhino/Warner Bros. Records.
    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Hmm... sound interesting...
    If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

I thought they'd announced this a while ago. Heaven and Hell are supposed to be playing down here too. Definitely one to check out.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

YYYEEEEEEAAHHHHH!!!!!! I had tickets to that show waaayy back I think it was 1981??when....never went....I will this time
        Last edited by quakana; 01-23-2007, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Maybe RJD will refuse to go on because Ozzy will sit in on a few old Sabbath songs and they'll call Rob Halford in at the last minute... Again.
          Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Yeah I would like to see that, Heaven and Hell was one of my favorite albums although I've never heard any of the others except Mob rules a couple times,

Any one think they will play some DIO songs?

Comment

Originally posted by tanpsi View Post

Any one think they will play some DIO songs?
              Not a chance.
              Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Comment

Well, considering they won't play any Sabbath songs.......

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH :ROTF:

Seriously, though, did RJD memorize the words this time or will he need his old notebook? :ROTF:

Maybe Ian Gillan will jump in for a couple of songs, if he can remember them? :ROTF:

Oh wait, I know, that one guy that was in the band for like a week and never recorded one track yet goes on that Christian TV network and brags about how he personally witnessed the others performing Satanic rituals :ROTF:

On the other hand, can't wait for the Dio Years DVD. I've got the Ozzy years VHS, so maybe they'll do both in one DVD set?

ANd a Black Box II would be nice - all the post-Ozzy discs :HeadBang:
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[quote=tanpsi;860525]Yeah I would like to see that, Heaven and Hell was one of my favorite albums although I've never heard any of the others except Mob rules a couple times,
                  quote]

Those are the only two RJD Sabbath albums, unless you count Live Evil (Live album). Oh, I guess you could count the one they released in like '92 or so...Dehumanizer. Took me a few seconds to recall the name.

Comment

Sounds cool, count me in.
                    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

I got me floor seats. Fuck yeah.
                      THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Keep in mind that this lineup (H&H, Megadeth, Down) seems to be only for Canada.
                        Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
                          Keep in mind that this lineup (H&H, Megadeth, Down) seems to be only for Canada.
                          .....so far anyways.......

Comment

Yeah, the NYC show looks like "an evening with" at this point, no opening acts.
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X