No announcement yet.

Where is Horns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...and then cut lerx a consulting check!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Plan and thread jack away bro. I really need input from a knowledgable source, and need to do something workwise. The automotive industry here is so slow, it's sad. So any thoughts from an expert authority is VERY welcome.

Yeah, about 15 or so years ago, I did contracting and subcontracting. Not licensed etc, I just somehow ended up doing it as other people weren't picking it up and work needed to be done... My biggest issue then was getting decent people that wanted to work. Every day was a pain calling a list of bustouts to see who could work, or who was sober enough to work etc. Got old. But, maybe finding a better class of people would be easier now days with people being more hungry lately.

After trying to find people, and then actually finding COMPETENT people, the worst was just mostly the fact I ws beating myself into the ground doing a lot of the work myself when people wouldnt show up and I HAD to get stuff done. Hated that part...

Yeah, I remember it sucking a lot. Maybe things could be different now... Definitely a thought though... I'm at least contemplating rehabbing some houses and flipping them. Tami is a really helpful and hard worker that I can count on, we work very well together, and we might be able to make a go of doing something like that.

It's definitely a thought...

Comment

With that much experience in const. get a job as a superintendant. Very little physical work, just a lot of headaches. The key is organization, and making a shitload of phone calls to get people to show up.
        I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

I must say that Rich ALWAYS "get's it"..that was exactly what led me to take a break..

BTW..that was VERY good advice you gave to John..he IS a very capable/knowledgable guy. I would love to see the day he is working to his potential. Unfortunately, our area and overall economy just isn't cooperating. Even I am in a finacial "squeeze" for the first time since Jan '92. Due to my wife loss of work/injury and WC bullshit.

Yep, John nailed it..Her asshole employer (TOPS) was giving her the run around. So, I had to grab that bull by the horns and when they started to fuck with me..I MADE them do it in person..

Guess what..they found the "mistake" the very next day and paid for four months of heath insurance, then sent me all the "correct" forms to fill out..it's a fucking miracle!!

NEVER believe you can't say the word "FUCK" in a professional and productive manner..I use that word like a plumber uses a wrench.!!!

Now, I am very sick with the flu..high fever, the chills body aches..the works.

Fett and Co., ..I'll be around for a long time. I may take a breather now and then to take care of biz, but I'll always be back..

Thanks..I missed you guys too!!

Bill Z Bub
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

"NEVER believe you can't say the word "FUCK" in a professional and productive manner..I use that word like a plumber uses a wrench.!!!

Comment

great fuckin quote...lol!

Comment

Originally posted by khabibissell View Post
                "NEVER believe you can't say the word "FUCK" in a professional and productive manner..I use that word like a plumber uses a wrench.!!!

Yep! My brother always said "Every job is easy if you use the right tool!" When your tools are verbal and you're dealing with a stuck opening, the word "Fuck" used judiciously can bust it right open!

Bill, I'm sorry to hear you're sick, but I'm glad you beat those fucks at Val's work. You wonder how many people just give up and get screwed? They picked the wrong girl to try and rip off this time!

John, you could start by doing jobs on the side untiul word gets around. At the point that you feel there's enough work, go full-time. In the meantime get Quickbooks Pro, it's simple and has all you'll need to run a contracting business. You and Tami should learn it together so either of you can deal with the office side if need be.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Glad it is gonna work out Bill.Now get well soon.............
                  Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Thanks guys..let me elaborate on the word "fuck"...I have MUCH experience with it..as you can imagine.

Rich, great advice bro. All handywork aside. I think John would make a good cop. He did very well on his written and agility tests at a nearby dept. Unforunately due to budget and quotas they only took a few at the top of the list with military points and ect , out of many applicants.

I strongly encourage John to take Cleveland's civil service exam when able. I trained much older rookies than he..

Now about my favorite word.. FUCK.

I owe my life to that word, yes I do. That very word brought me home safe countless nights. As a seasoned inner-city cop I used that word more than people say hello. I use it as a (!)..

I guess not many can get away with using it, but I certainly do, and always to my advantage.

Being "proper" just does NOT work at times. So in my profession and experience "fuck" is just verbal judo.

Example..Let's say some asshole get's stopped. The command of "Let me see your fucking hands or I'll fucking shoot you right here and now" ..anything other than a "yes sir" won't be a good thing..

Whenever I walk into a heated domestic brawl..nothing makes them stifle more than a good ol' shut the Fuck up!!!

I actually went up to an irate Arab at the ticket counter in front of hundreds of people ..this ass was pounding his fist like a maniac and yelling at the poor ticket agents..am I supposed to say.."sir, please stop that"..NO, I say..."say one more fucking thing fuckface and I'll drag your fucking' ass to jail in front of your entire fucking family, go ahead say one more fucking thing!!!" while poking him repeatedly on the nose..as I hear the entire airport cheer...very true!!

I have a zillion examples but that's the jist.

Yes, the word FUCK is a VERY useful tool with cops, or people in general who really want to drive the point home. But you can't weigh a buck O' five and think it'll go over very well ..that could get some problems.

The fact is the word "Fuck" is used by most cops on a daily basis..it's been recorded countless times and never once was a cop put on charges for being unprofessional for just using that word..not that I'm aware of. If they were, its more likely their actions and not the verbage that fucked them.

Whenever I use the word "fuck" in a forceful manner..I own it, and NEVER received a single complaint in all my years..

I used the word "fuck" prolly a dozen times when I was conferring with my wife's benefits supervisor. What I do is I corner them and make them nervous right off the bat, but without any "threats". My anger is immediately established so they have no place to go but to listen or patronize me.. especially when I hit them with a tsunami of paperwork validatiing my hostility. No matter who they are or what their status, I take control at these times. Never once did she tell me to calm down, or correct my volcabulary..it just doesn't work that way..never did ..never will.

So, with that said..she fixed the "mistake" she strongly refused to acknowledge on the phone and then sent me all the correct paperwork...So, "fuck" got my way and saved the day..AGAIN!

This works for me, it worked for my dad, it worked for me on the job or wherever I go..even here..it just works..If it didn't work..I wouldn't do it.

You gotta admit, I'm doing something right..

Fuckin' A..

Bill Z
                    Last edited by horns666; 01-29-2007, 06:08 AM. Reason: I fucked up!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Fuck
                      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                        Fuck
                        Das Right Timmy..

Very Good..

Next time the Mrs. starts to nag and grates on your nerves, just look at her with conviction and say.."FUCK, What the fucking fuck"??

Then just leave it at that..she'll feel bad and blow ya later, or maybe the next day..works for me!:ROTF:

Then when she does, you can say.."I'm sorry for snappin'..but you fuggin' drive me nuts sometimes"..."I fuggin' love ya baby you know dat"..

They love that shit, it warms their icey hearts!!

Comment

yeah it's pretty funny how mentioning sexual intercourse several times makes talking more serious
                          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                            yeah it's pretty funny how mentioning sexual intercourse several times makes talking more serious
                            Exactly, I mean we're men with testosterone O' plenty yes?..hell, they say nastier stuff on Spongebob..which is awesome BTW!!

Comment

listen to me you mating jerk, what the sexual intercourse are you doing here, I'm sick and tired of your coitusing BS.

sounds nice uh
                              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                                listen to me you mating jerk, what the sexual intercourse are you doing here, I'm sick and tired of your coitusing BS.

sounds nice uh

Yeah, I like that!

Listen hear you oversized labia..the next time you sexual intercourse me..I'll rip out your ovaries and scramble them in bacon grease...

Comment

Working...
                                X