Design your own switchblade!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 442w30 View Post
    I can't vouch for why you'd want one, but lot's of folks collect odd stuff. Carrying multiple sidearms or knives that are not only illegal, but were designed by Rube Goldberg seems like a bad idea, and not necessarily the kind of things I want my friends doing.
    Now carrying may be a good idea in some environments, situations, or jobs.

I have no idea if any of this pertains to AK.
    I love seeing a good Goldberg contraption in action! Needless to say I love those old Tom & Jerry cartoons
    "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
      I thought the same thing Chad, which is why I checked out this thread.
      Then I found out it was about knives.. imagine my disappointment!
      "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

It would be illegal in my area to carry such weapons.

Why would you collect new guitars would not you want to collect only vintage Fender guitars Mr JGCable?

Comment

Easy now, Ponyboy. The socs aren't into a rumble anymore. I heard they were gonna turn chicken and go to the hop instead.

Comment

By the way 37" blade is 1000+ dollars not a misprint not my thing.

Also concealed carry of a sidearm is legal in many states with a permit and yes I would carry if I could in my state. If you have never been a victim of violent crime or looking to become one its hard to understand why people carry guns. Hitler thought it was crazy that we(USA) actually put it in our constitution.

Comment

Hitler would have. It's much easier to quell resistance if your guys have armaments and they don't. They print a newsletter, you put a gun to their head.

btw, would a 37" blade be considered a "concealed" weapon?
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                It would be illegal in my area to carry such weapons.

Why would you collect new guitars would not you want to collect only vintage Fender guitars Mr JGCable?
                See now.. guitars are different.
                1. They are not illegal
                2. You can't kill people with a guitar (unless you really suck)
                3. You can play a guitar and get use out of it if its vintage or if its new.

So... since its illegal to carry a switchblade what exactly do you do with one??

To me.. its just an accident waiting to happen.
                I'll tell you a little story. One night on Christmas Eve the company I worked for (a sporting goods store) went to a local bar in Pelham NY after our Christmas party. I went up to the bar to get a drink and I squeezed my way in between 2 guys at the bar (it was really crowded). One of the guys (a guy who worked in the same store that I did, took offense in a big way that I bumped into him and asked me to take it outside. Of course... I took his advise and we both went outside to "discuss" the problem. He pulled this gigantic Bowie (Crocodile Dundie) looking knife on me. I swung my left hand to knock the knife out of his hand ( I was pretty hammered at the time) and I hit the blade with the knuckles of my left hand. I pulled my hand back and all I saw was a red line across my knuckles. When I closed my fist the gash opened up about 2 inches wide and blood was gushing out everywhere. The guy who pulled the knife on me freaked out and started to wig out bad. He threw me in his car and took me to the emergency room, carried me in and demanded a doctor come. Luckily for me a hand surgeon was on staff at the time. This guy who cut me stayed the entire night with me apologizing like crazy and kept telling me that he never intended on cutting me or doing anything with the knife. He had no police record and had never been in trouble before. Because this guy worked in the hunting department he always carried big knifes and had guns and all kinds of cool weapons. This guy could have unintentionally killed me or maybe I could have been my crazy Harley driving friend who carries a gold plated Glock for the fun of it and maybe I would have shot him dead in front of the bar.

You just have to be careful when you are dealing with deadly weapons.

Comment

Like I said it would be illegal for me to carry outside my home a automatic knife or switchblade. The myth is switchblades and brass knuckles also butterfly knives are illegal to possess but they are not you do have to check local laws.

Also I have never pulled my weapons on anyone ever unless I was to use them. In which case they would be on my private property.

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                    Like I said it would be illegal for me to carry outside my home a automatic knife or switchblade. The myth is switchblades and brass knuckles also butterfly knives are illegal to possess but they are not you do have to check local laws.

Also I have never pulled my weapons on anyone ever unless I was to use them. In which case they would be on my private property.
                    Do you have any of those butterfly knives?? I knew a guy who had one. He could open that thing in like 1 second. It was really cool to watch him do it. In Connecticut I believe there is a length of blade rule. I think the rule is it can't be longer than the width of your hand (or something like that).
                    Anyway, thanks for the response. I never suggested that you would ever do anything illegal. If you think I did.. I apologize.

Comment

No I was not inferring that you thought I would do anything illegal. I have a couple butterfly knives I am decent with one not good check out this guy on this website hes crazy good.
                      This website is for sale! balisongxtreme.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, balisongxtreme.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

Ak- I got a really cool butterfly i picked up a while back, it does not suck in any way.
                        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

For the record, i am for concealed carry, but strapping multiple firearms on and making sure they are gold plated is carrying for the wrong reason. Not that anyone is concerned with my political views.

I can do a buterfy knife, but I find the spydero one hole type knifes to be simple and quick to open. Though probably not as neat to admire as a switch or butterfy.
                            When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Originally posted by 442w30 View Post
                              37" knife? WTF? That must be a misprint.

Comment

I have always prefered a tanto with a 6 inch blade. Back in the late 70's I owned a few switchblades. Not the same quality as what you get with something custom made. They were easy to buy, but still illegal then. I don't have much interest in collecting weapons anymore. I cannot afford guitars and weapons collecting at the same time.
                                Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

Working...
                                X