Common cold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FusionFarmer View Post
    I'm tellin ya Jim Beam or Crown Royal in massive doses, even if you get sick, ya don't care
    Actually my buddy swears by drinking a bottle of whisky when he feels a cold approaching (sore throat and all). Last time he tried that, instead of being ill for two weeks (like he usually is) he woke up the next morning completely well and fit.

So I tried that last Friday (got the early symptoms) and guess what... it worked!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

I wouldn't go so far as drinking whole bottle. However, if alcohol kills stuff on the outside why wouldn't kill stuff on the inside? Other than the liver.
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Jack Daniels. Serious answer.

Comment

Corazon Tequila ...kill any bug fast...

Son Of Spy
          1976 Gibson Mk53
          1988 Charvel Model 3
          1993 Jackson Dinky Reverse (DR5)

Questions are a burden to others; answers are a prison for oneself.

Comment

My kid brought home the cold/flu virus last week..So I took every vitamin known to man in attempt to avoid this..TONS of C, Zinc, B, E..yada yada..I got it even worse than him!!!

102 fever, sore throat, stuffed up nose, coughing, sneezing and my whole body aches..especially my ass!!

I took well over 4000mg of C a day which usualy helps..not this time..blow me Vitamin C!!!!!

I am now placing a vitamin C tablet on my pud so it can blow me!!
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Bill, ya can't treat your body like a cheap whore for the most part and expect a few vitamins to fix ya when you suddenly break down so much to the point you get sick, haha...

I really try to eat good, I take a lot of supplements and take care of myself. When I start getting sick, I juice the Vitamin C up to 2000 mg and 30 milligrams zinc 4 times a day, and take my multi at morn and night, and it REALLY helps a lot. Tami and i get a cold and she is dying, while I am just uncomfortable. Hers lasts longer than mine does too. and we are having the same virus.

Bear in mind, a lot of vitamins are crap and you just crap them out. Most everythng from Trader Joes is pretty absorbable and do well for a cheaper suppliment. Get yer stuff there and NOT GNC or wallmart. Except Vitamin C and zinc, that is pretty much all the same. The Multi's are definitely not the same. Get those at Trader Joes.

Comment

Everytime I don't treat my body like a cheap whore..I get all fucked up..

I quit smoking in '95 and get Bronchitis for the first time that year and three times after that.

I quite drinking ALL soda and only drink tons of spring water and take my vitamins like a good boy..BOOM I get the flu immediately!!

I'm going back to a 6 pack of Coke a day ..in fact I'm going to pour some pop in my bong that I haven't used in two months..and light up!!

The cold virus will see that coming and say..FUGGIT!!

Yeah..I'm still taking my zinc and my C all day..

See, Ron is living proof..he wanted to lose weight and get "healthy"..going for walks and shit..BOOM he get fuggin' sick..there ya go..:ROTF:

Fuggit..just sit in the chair with some delicious Taco flavored Doritos and a 2 liter bottle of Coke and have fun..I say.

No matter what, we are ALL going to die..you can try to avoid it or prolong it all you want..ain't gonna happen..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                  See, Ron is living proof..he wanted to lose weight and get "healthy"..going for walks and shit..BOOM he get fuggin' sick..there ya go..:ROTF:
                  Actually, I think it was some old lady who was coughing right behind me in line for the movies Thursday night. Here's a good page at the Coldeeze site: http://www.coldeeze.com/cold_flu/prevention.html

mes
                  treatments 1998-2002

Tips for preventing a cold:
                  Believe it or not, more than 58 million sick days a year are lost to colds alone. Unfortunately, there is no vaccine, antibiotic or surefire solution. But there are ways to decrease the likelihood of catching a cold and get better faster:
                  Wash your hands. It’s the single most effective way to keep from catching a cold or spreading one to someone else. Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze. Using your handkerchief or a tissue as a barrier will help keep germs contained.
                  Practice healthy habits. Eating a balanced diet, getting enough sleep and exercising can help you maintain a strong immune system to keep illness at bay.
                  Avoid sharing with people who have colds. Sharing food, drinks, utensils, dishes or cups with anyone who has a cold will greatly increase your chance of getting the virus.
                  -------------------------------------------

Man, I am a huge proponent of vigorous and often hand-washing...only thing is, I think I touch my face too much!

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

yes, being that I have OCD I wash my hands TOO much..

We get this when Vinny starts school..a breeding ground for snot nose, germ infested kiddies..happends all the time.

Yeah, you prolly did pick it up from that old lady at the movies...they say that "airborne" stuff works pretty good..I talked to my pharmacist..she uses it.

As soon as I'm better my Sis is giving us all a flu shot.

Something about eating right..well it just don't gel with me. All my life I observed people who really attempt to take care of themselves..and they ALL have health issues!

My grandmothers for example..My mom's mother was very active and got check ups often, excercised and strayed away from "crappy" foods, aslo she never smoked...really tried to take care of herself.

My other grandmother, my Dad's mother..smoked, ate whatever she wanted, ate more pain pills than I do, not active whatsoever..lived her lifestyle much like I do really..cursing at everyone in Italian, and so forth..

Well they both lived to be the same age..her mother was three months shy of 100 years old and died with all her functions in order...she lived on pasta almost daily!!

I know vegetarians that run 5 miles a day (cop) retired due to heart problems. Another cop who ate "right" and had arms bigger than my legs that could bench a clean 500+..he died at the ripe old age of 31...the list is endless.

No matter what you do, what you eat..there is much more involved in your life span that you can't control..mainly your DNA.

other than comsmetic and self esteem reasons..weight loss and diets in genral really doesn't matter from my experience. I was a very lean 185 in the police academy..114 push ups in a minute and benched over 300. The push up thing was even mentioned by our mayor when I was sworn in..I got that gay video...it is truly gay.

other than my injury..I don't feel any different when I weighed 185 or 240 I'm acyually "stronger" when I'm heavier..This is true!

Preaching good health habbits is like preaching religion with me..it's my lifestyle and I'll live it as I wish. I just may out live those who do, and prolly will..longevity is my curse if I like it or not..

My father is the best example ..he always loved food and weighed over 300 lbs most of his life, and is the epitome of indulgence. His confidence is unchallenged,, and took care of biz like no other I ever witnessed. When he goes, he'll go happy, because he lived is life without restrictions and did everything his way. I'm going to follow THAT lead!!!

His knees are shot to hell, but that won't stop him from hopping on his chopper and go to and fro from my mom's and his other women's house everyday..well, his truck now, it's Winter!

I ONLY take advice from him..for he is my only hero. I owe everything I have and do to him!

He called me a "candy ass" today for bitchin' about my flu..he told me to shut the fuck up. So I'll take his advice and STFU.

Hope ya feel better ya Candy Ass...nahh, I'm in the same boat man. Being sick truly sucks ass!!

Comment

Actually, here's an update: I've been taking these Coldeeze lozenges like clockwork, every 2 hours...plus eating nice HOT soup for every meal...guess what?

This sh*t works, dog!

All my cold symptoms have gone away!

I almost can't believe these stopped my cold in its tracks! Woo hoo!

And for only $4.44!

(closeup, turns to camera) THANKS, TOEJAM!
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

that coldeeze has zinc in them..kind of a bitter taste. Some people swear by them..I guess you do too.

That's good Ron!!

Well, I'm feeling better..I shoveled about 8" of snow in my driveway..so Val won't get stuck with the car. It came down pretty good. I think the sub freezing temperature cured my flu..I was out there for an hour.

I didn't want to fire up the snow blower at 7:00 AM..I figured the shovel at 2:00 AM is a bit more neighbor friendly..

Comment

Very simple solution my dad has always used and it's worked wonders for everyone we've known. Just turn up the heat a lot and sleep with a space heater on in your room.

Comment

Avoid sharing with people who have colds. Sharing food, drinks, utensils, dishes or cups with anyone who has a cold will greatly increase your chance of getting the virus.

They forgot to mention swapping spit with the significant other..
                            Glad your feelin better Ron
                            Gil

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                              I wouldn't go so far as drinking whole bottle. However, if alcohol kills stuff on the outside why wouldn't kill stuff on the inside? Other than the liver.
                              Well, I didn't drink the whole bottle, though that would've surely killed the cold... but me too, maybe. :ROTF:

Originally posted by Mr. Poon
                              Jack Daniels. Serious answer.
                              It was Jack Daniels... enough said!

BTW I discussed this topic today with a few buddies and they said, it's because if you drink the whisky in the evening, you're gonna sweat alot while sleeping and sweat it all out during the night.
                              http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

go to bed fully dressed, sweat it out. take several hot baths/showers in between, and take lemsip with hot water. it sorted me out.
                                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                                X