Shipping Combo Amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping Combo Amp

I'm going to be selling my Boogie Mark III combo amp. How do I go about shipping something like this? I do not have any packaging that would work. Would a shipper like FEDEX/UPS be able to take my 80lb amp and package it for shipping?

I'd appreciate any ideas rather quickly because I might need to unload the amp fast.

joe...
    www.godwentpunk.com
    www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Yes they will take it. I had to scramble for an outer box and used a very large CRT monitor box, not sure if it was a double or triple wall but at least double. I boxed the combo up first with a box I cut to fit. Then cut the packing material from the monitor to fit around the boxed combo. After a few test fits and getting it just right. I went crazy with peanuts to fill up the space all around the inner box and packing material. It arrived prefectly.
    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

i shipped a JC120 last month from seattle to fresno,ca. the UPS store wanted to ship it for $100 ish. instead, i just bought a box ($13) from them that was larger than the amp, and cut it down. i covered it with plastic wrap so that the pop corn (styro-peanuts) would not fill up in the amp. the amp cost $35 to ship via UPS.
      ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Thanks for the input.

Any others?

thanks

joe...
        www.godwentpunk.com
        www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Make your own box. Where I would OD is on the corners. If an amp is dropped on a corner it could break it. The amp is just a very weakly made box.
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Working...
          X