Check out my b-day present

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out my b-day present

No, it's not a guitar, but it still kicks ass.

I've never been into RC cars before, but I can see how one can get into it.

This baby is electric, but will hit close to 40 MPH!
    My wife and daughter picked it out for me. My daughter had only one requirement. It has to be able to do jumps.

There's an RC track in the park by my house that has some killer jumps on it. My daughter gets a kick out of watching them run. She went nuts when we opened the box. Can't wait to get this thing out on the track and open it up!

My assitant mechanic...

Ready to go!
    -Rick

Nice....
    Those car are great and they reach really high speeds...
    Post some pics when it will be in action...

Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Yeah those rock. I have a Traxxis Stampede. Funny that you posted this because my kid saw it yesterday and wants me to charge it up. Have fun. Stay away from trees, Curbs, Cars... and animals etc.

I have that same controller. You might want to put the battery back up speed controller (4 AA) That go in the car itself to be able to shut it down remotely when the charge pack battery dies. If that dies and you are far out it will keep going and you will not be able to control it. It will crash out and may damage the car. It may have it already. Cool!
      Last edited by Firebird V; 01-29-2007, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Sweet congrats!

I love RC cars, it's my low budget hobby. My main ride is this:

It hits 40 kmp/u, but the RWD makes it great for drifting. I also have different tires for it.

Great hobby and I'm sure you'll have fun with it
        "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

40 MPH? Whoaa! I'd say stay away from animals. You'll have to keep an extra close eye on the "assistant mechanic", too!

Comment

Yea.. it has an emergency kill if it loses contact with the transmitter.
            I tried it last night by shutting down the transmitter. It stopped dead in its tracks.
            -Rick

Comment

Im showing this to My GF! What a cool toy. Love to see other grown boys still into toys. 40mph toys!

Comment

My dad is totally into RC stuff..very cool!

He's got some big coin into that stuff..

Happy Birthday
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Does anyone remember that video that was posted here a while ago.. also some RC toy that could fly, float and race.. that was awesome.
                  "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Nice car. Just remember that this hobby can get expensive. And yeah you wouldn't believe how fast those small things can go. Several years ago when i was into RC cars i had a Associated RC10L onroad car. This thing was insanely fast. No problem to outrun those big 1:5 scale cars.
                    Apparently at that time a guy from Associated set the world speed record of 111mph with a modified version of this car.
                    But it wasn't easy to drive. It got so much power that if you went full throttle it just turned circles and didn't drive forward. Oh and it was almost unsteerable if there was dirt on the track.

Flo
                    http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

Too cool! I've been thinking of buying a Tmax. I watch these things race sometimes on TV and it looks like killer fun.
                      Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Cool! I love hobbies like that. My dad and I have all these model planes we got when my grandfather died that we'll finish and fly sometime (kinda doesnt have time now, but hopefully when he retires in the next 2 years we will). I also do model rockets a lot, and for the matter non flying model airplanes. I would like to get into hobby cars too some time.

Comment

I always got some crappy Tyco knock-off for my birthday. Happy B-Day man!

Comment

Happy Birthday Rick!

That's pretty neat having a RC track locally. Enjoy the family time dude.

Comment

Cool gift. Extra cool, is your mechanic. Good for you guys and .
                              Scott
                              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X