My cat versus the neighbors' dog: my cat wins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My cat versus the neighbors' dog: my cat wins

My blissful ball of fluff called "Red" but don't let his cute exterior fool you, this cat knows how to be on top in a fight.

Our neighbors have a German Sheppard dog and she's a barking pain in the butt, very loud and hyper. But Red isn't intimidated at all with her, yesterday by chance I found myself witness to a turnaround of the usual thing that happens with Cats and Dogs.

Red knows no boundries, he happily wanders around in other people's yards regardless of dogs being there. As was the case yesterday, I see him walk onto the yard of my neighbors and their dog charges at him. Barking and growling at him, I see Red turning his ears backwards and looking at her with a "What do you want?" stare in his eyes. The Dog comes in closer still barking and I see Red raise his paw as if to say "Okay if you're gonna keep voting you're gonna get elected." and then did a full swipe into the dog's nose.

I know from personal experience that Red's claws are like little razors, they are really gnarly, so I can only imagine what the dog must have gone through but the yelping and whining said enough.

Red is no cat to be chased into a tree.

:ROTF:

Comment

Nice. That reminds me of my brother's old cat that stalked the neighbors poodle and then beat the living snot out of it. It was an awesome sight.

Comment

Looks like my Moms old cat "trouble"... same thing - he was nuts when it came to dogs !

Comment

So your cat is in no danger of this.

Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

my ex-brother in-law felt the wrath of my blue persian-his dog was on my balcony and my cat was at the door raising hell!! he kept telling me to watch out he was going to open the door and let his sheppard get ahold of my cat-i told him go ahead-which he did-my cat jumped his ass and his dog went to screaming-then kerry went to screaming your cat is hurting my dog!!! i just laughed and said-dammitt man you both are pussies!!!

Comment

Had a grey tabby a LONG time ago. Went by the name of Pancho. Tough old country cat, but still loved to sit in your lap and be petted. He'd actually come over to you when you called him, even if he was nice and comfy on a chair. He was about the size of "Red", maybe a little bigger.

One day I'm sitting on the front porch and I hear a scuffle coming from the back yard (cat and dog growling and hissing and the sound of rough housing). Next thing I know, the neighbors St. Bernard mix comes flying by me with his tail between his legs and Pancho in hot pursuit. The dog (Hoss if I remember correctly) makes it to his front porch, so Pancho stops in the middle of the road and just mad dogs him for about a minute. He turns around and heads back to the house and relaxes on an old sofa we had outside. Before he lays down he gives me one of those looks that says, "See the $hit I have to put up with?" That was priceless. I laughed my @ss off.

Of course my neighbor never believed me.

Comment

Cats are very tough, but if you continue to let Red wander, there will come a day when those lives will run out. See, some people have multiple dogs and no cat is bad enough to whip 2 dogs.
                Strat God Music
                http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

I have 2 cats and a dog (yellow lab). The older cat, Robin, basically just ignores the dog, and just swipes at her when she gets too close. The other cat, Conan, actively pursues the dog, and chases her away when he sees her. It's hilarious watching a cat chase a big dog.
                  Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Cats rule!

Comment

I just hope you don't live in coyote country. Your cat tries that on a coyote thinking it'll react like a dog and he'll have a broken neck in about 1 second!

I love cats, and that kind of thing is funny, but a bad day's coming when they meet a dog that's not afraid to get hurt.
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I wanna get one of those Serval cat thingies. They weigh 30-40lbs and are around 2 feet high. I'll bet you wouldn't have to worry about the neighborhood doggies with one of them.
                        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Why not a matched set of leopards?

Son Of Spy
                          1976 Gibson Mk53
                          1988 Charvel Model 3
                          1993 Jackson Dinky Reverse (DR5)

Questions are a burden to others; answers are a prison for oneself.

Comment

Originally posted by Strat God View Post
                            See, some people have multiple dogs and no cat is bad enough to whip 2 dogs.
                            There's a street cat in La Palma, CA that will prove you wrong there! I let both my cousin's Saluki and lab mix loose on it, and they couldn't do anything - the pussies!

All the way home I was going "Some Arabian hunting dog YOU are, Charlie!"
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                              I wanna get one of those Serval cat thingies. They weigh 30-40lbs and are around 2 feet high. I'll bet you wouldn't have to worry about the neighborhood doggies with one of them.
                              Yeah, but YOU would have to worry about that cat. Piss off a cerval and he could slit your throat in your sleep.
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X