Diphenhydramine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diphenhydramine

i doubled up on benadryl amost accidenally toight. Apparently that stuff is a potent sleep aid among other things (allergy med).

Anyone ese got whacked on that? It was surprising, kinda yanks your legs out from under you.
    Last edited by 442w30; 01-30-2007, 09:51 PM.
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

My sister got arrested for stealing it to get high with.

Idiot

Comment

It's what is in Tylenol PM that is a sleep aid. I use it a lot when I'm having issues sleeping.

Makes ya sorta foggy the next morn. I prefer Xanax.

Comment

I have bad allergies in the fall (ragweed) Benadryl is all that really helps..then I learned that's what's in every OTC thing that makes you sleep..now I use it for that too (just one)

Comment

Haha... I like Nyquil myself. Sizzurp the kids call it these days.
          |My CSG gallery|
          (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

A good natural OTC sleep aide that does not contain Benadryl = Melatonin.

Benadryl is good for a number of things, rashes, hay fever, sleeplessness...
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

A-m-b-i-e-n.

- E.
              Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

When I was a lowly soldier and was pulling some "area Beautification" duty, I stepped onto a yellow jackets nest and got near eaten alive. I was sent right away to sick call and although I wasn't allergic, the number of stings I took (something like 30-35) scared the doctor. He gave me a couple full strength Benedryl's. I took them and passed out back at the billets. I didn't wake up for more than 10 hours. It was awesome. Best sleep I had in a long time and got released from duty for 48 hours to boot!

chuck
                "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

yeah just one of those antihistamines for allegies put you right out.

I only take em when I'm totally miserable with the runny nose and watering eyes, cause then I have to fight to stay awake afterward.

my wife (who pill-wise, is a total lightweight) once thought my antihistamines were decongestants and took 2 of them one Saturday (I was unaware she did this) and was like, I'm not sure why, but I'm really sleepy, and took a 6 hour all day nap. after she told me she took "those decongestants" I busted up laughing and told her what she really took. one of them knocks me out and she took 2.
                  the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by Chasbo View Post
                    When I was a lowly soldier and was pulling some "area Beautification" duty, I stepped onto a yellow jackets nest and got near eaten alive. I was sent right away to sick call and although I wasn't allergic, the number of stings I took (something like 30-35) scared the doctor. He gave me a couple full strength Benedryl's. I took them and passed out back at the billets. I didn't wake up for more than 10 hours. It was awesome. Best sleep I had in a long time and got released from duty for 48 hours to boot!

chuck
                    That is a story of epic proportions! :ROTF:
                    My Main Rig:
                    '87 Charvel Model 4A
                    Peavey KB100 amp
                    Ibanez SM7 Smashbox

Others:
                    '92 Gibson Les Paul Custom
                    '05 Ibanez RG320FM
                    '86 Ovation Pinnacle
                    '98 Synsonics Custom Strat
                    '89 Kramer 700ST Bass