No more Mr.Nice Guy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more Mr.Nice Guy!

I am so sick of misleading or all out bullshit lying fucking ebay sellers! I honestly believe I'm about to take a road trip and show this fuck the errors of his ways.

First, I buy an amp, which was said to be an 8 of 10 cosmetically, but worked perfectly... Sound drops in and out, the footswitch doesn't work, the fucking thing had been taken apart and poorly put back together and to make that shit even worse the fucking speakers were falling out!

It's now on it's way back to dude and he was cool about taking it back... So no problem there.

Now comes this fuck! I buy a Jackson neck for $175. To me it was worth it. Well, would have been. He said it was from a Dinky and in perfect condition. Reversed head sharkfin inlays, came with the locking nut and tuners. Cool, just what I want for project axe I'm putting together.

First thing I did was email him with a very specific question. "Is this neck from a DXMG?" His reply, "no".

Ok, I had a feeling it was, but if it's in perfect condition I'm ok with it.

I get the neck today and the first thing I noticed was it did feel nice. So I just laid it down and was ready to accept it as a perfect condition neck. Then I decided to look at it again to see if the model was stamped on the heel... Yup, there it was "DXMG".

Dude flat out lied about that, so I started looking a little more. Oh the horror that I saw. several dings in the neck, fret wear and to top it all off...

The tip was broken off and glued back on. Does that sound like a neck in perfect condition? I don't think so!

So I email dude pointing this shit out, nicely of course, and tell him I'd be willing to keep it if he wants to give me at least $75 dollars back. If so he gets $100 for a poor condition neck and positive feedback. If not negative will be the least of his worries.

I'm so fucking sick of this shit!

Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Do what I did, cancel your ebay account.

Comment

F U C K E-bay
      Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

I hear ya. I have had good luck for the most part when I sell, but I have had horrible luck buying stuff. I bought a pair of PA speaks a while back that was kisted as good shape. I get them in and the tolex was all ripped to shreds, tweeter blown, rats nests inside. No responce from the seller.

I bought an RR1 one also a while ago that was Listed as "Damn Good Shape" When I got it the headstock had been very very poorly reapired. The moron didn't even sand down the wood filler and it had the whole back of the neck spray pained flat black from a can. Seller did respond this time but only said he listed it as damn good shape, not mint and that I had no reason to complain.

Comment

I have had to send several guitars back that were just fucked and got my money back. I had to file a claim with paypal over some pickups , but with the help of a dealer here I got my money back. I have been disappointed with the condition of some guitars, but my experiences are still positive.

Comment

Yahoo japan is no better if not probably worse. Bad pictures and poor descritions rule the day.

Matt, I had that RR1 fixed by Dan Lenz of Axe Haven, he did a beautiful job you could not tell it was broken after he worked on it.
            1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

I hear ya..I bought my RR3, guy says like new..excellent condition..minor scuff on long wing. FORGOT to mention...pup rings cracked/broken, fret wear, headstock scuffed around edges, an obvious PLAYER..which is fine, just TELL me..I would have bid less for sure. Don't get me wrong, I love the guitar..but I wouldn't have paid that much. Then when I call him on it..he offers a $30 refund..cool..NEVER got that either.

Comment

That, my friends, is why I only bet $150 or less for a guitar on Ebay. There were exceptions, but I learned quick.
                I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                  That, my friends, is why I only bet $150 or less for a guitar on Ebay. There were exceptions, but I learned quick.
                  This is the winning formula for ebay. I only buy stuff for relatively cheap on ebay. This way, if its not so nice, Im not out a lot of money. The thought of shelling out $1200 for a guitar on ebay really scares me.

Comment

That sucks Dave, Id be pissed too.

Comment

I've only had a few bad dealings with people on ebay. 2 were mentioned here. The rest so far have been very good. I've bought 4 or 5 necks off ebay and all, except this one, have been perfect.

I personally love ebay and don't take the actions of a few assholes out on the company. I understand some people just don't know what they are selling, which is why they provide a way to ask the seller questions.

This dick, however, purposely mislead me and if he hasn't responded to my request by close of business tomorrow I'm contacting ebay, paypal and my CC company to report it as fraud.
                      Last edited by St.James; 02-01-2007, 08:27 AM.
                      Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

I must be the luckiest fucker on earth, as in my limited ebay dealings (24 or so total, half selling half buying), I have never been fucked over by a seller or a buyer. I bought two guitars on ebay, a killer white Gibson V and a gorgeous 30 year old Guild F212, and both were as described and shipped/packed well.

of course to keep my 100% luck streak going, I guess I have to cancel my ebay acct now.
                        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                          of course to keep my 100% luck streak going, I guess I have to cancel my ebay acct now.

Yeah, ix-nay on the uck-lay!
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                          X