My aunt passed away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My aunt passed away

She had cancer, and was suffering terribly, I'm glad she's gone. Please take that in the correct context. The thing is..I've have 4 phone calls from family members asking when I am coming home. They (most of my family) are in Michigan, I am in Oklahoma. I am broke, can't get there. Just ain't gonna happen. I loved my aunt, but we weren't super close, and I'm financially unable to go. So my family is getting kinda pissed, so I said, send me a plane ticket and I'll be there tomorrow. No can do..so wtf are they mad at me for??
    Family can be so stupid in moments like this.

Sounds like you're telling it like it is. What more can they ask of you. I'm sorry for your loss. It's a shame that there has to be disarray in the family at times like this. They'll get over it.

Comment

Man, you are so right about family. I am sorry for your loss and hope you and your family can work your way through this. peace bro...

chuck
      "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Sorry to hear about your loss. Maybe some of your familiy mambers are reacting and blowing steam at you because of the whole thing. Let it go, you can only so much....
        Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Sorry Sis..for the loss of your dear aunt and the family drama..sigh.

You're not alone, every family has there share of some drama..trust me..

Take Care of yourself Jeri!!

Your aunt is at peace now..

Bill Z
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Family can indeed be stupid. Don't let it get to you Jeri. May your Aunt rest peacefully.
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
              Family can indeed be stupid. Don't let it get to you Jeri. May your Aunt rest peacefully.
              Agreed. My sympathy to you as well.

Comment

I'm so sorry you lost her Jeri, but I understand what you mean. Someone you love being in that kind of pain is horrible for everybody.

Your family will understand, later. Right now they're using being pissed at you to avoid facing the reality and the finality of this. Especially when you said you'd come if they could get you there, if they can't then it sucks but that's reality.

God rest her soul, she's at peace. She knows you loved her, that's ALL that matters.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Sorry to hear Jeri, and yes family does test our patience sometimes

Comment

I know I'd be in exactly the same position you are in if this happened in my family right now. They should understand and not fault you for this. And, I'm sure they will understand when feeling are running a little less intense, as has been mentioned.

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, it's so terribly hard to lose a loved one.

Blessed be...

Comment

sorry for you loss-but she is in a better place and no pain!! that sucks about your family not being understanding they should

Comment

As a former caregiver I'm very sorry to hear about your loss.
                        I lost my mom to cancer...but being a former nurse I was able to
                        intervene with the physician to get her "snowed" so she was
                        no longer in any pain at the end. BTW I was fired from my job for
                        travelling to visit my mom on her deathbed.

Your not being there is not something you can do anything about,
                        so don't let your family push those guilt buttons. They're taking
                        out their anger on a convenient target. I'm a black sheep in my fam
                        as well...

Be strong.

Son Of Spy
                        1976 Gibson Mk53
                        1988 Charvel Model 3
                        1993 Jackson Dinky Reverse (DR5)

Questions are a burden to others; answers are a prison for oneself.

Comment

Originally posted by charveljunkie View Post
                          sorry for you loss-but she is in a better place and no pain!! that sucks about your family not being understanding they should
                          Well said, Tony. So sorry for the loss sis, our thoughts are with you, my friend -
                          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Hate to hear that Jeri. Best thoughts and wishes. Maybe once things settle down a little your family will be more understanding.
                            Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss Jeri. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
                              Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Working...
                              X