The Unsung Heros - Guitar Techs Of The Stars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Unsung Heros - Guitar Techs Of The Stars

I was watching the Steve Vai DVD from England - it's a few years old - and there is a section all about Steve's tech. I don't know and tech's names, but this old guy is a friggin artist in his own right. Steve even said he will not play a gig without this guy- if he's not available certain dates- Vai DOES NOT play.

I thought that was a powerful statement.

Anyone follow techs? Who's hot and what's their claim to fame? You never hear about these guys, but I have a hunch the players we enjoy rely on their techs more than we can imagine.

Anyone meet any of these guys or have any stories? It would be educational and entertaining to idiots like me.........
    Strat God Music
    http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

I know when Vai was here last, he has a special guy that does ONLY his guitar monitors and even they took my buddy who was running stage monitors off his job there. He's got it all covered.

Guess Vai's pretty picky.

Comment

i talked briefly with vais tech and yea, he's a magician.. changing necks on evo on the fly and setups inbetween songs and all that kind of jazz. the setup on evo was amazing too
      You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

That's Thomas Nordegg. He also worked with Yngwie when I saw him, and I just met him again at NAMM. Very cool guy and definately knows what he's doing.

Comment

my friend kevin was a tech for mick from slipknot, and he also worked with greg tribbett from mudvayne. Suprisingly, he didnt have any super crazy stories. At least none that ive heard.
          Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Working...
          X