No announcement yet.

Prince playing halftime...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone else notice the Foo Fighters song he covered?

that one was out of left field. last thing I'd have expected from Prince. LOL
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

For Prince I thought it was a little weak, but considering it was in pouring rain with millions of people watching....I thought it was fine. He did seem to get carried away with trills and whammy usage.

Comment

For a girly man prince played with a ton of balls and attitude! The epitome of rock and roll!

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
          anyone else notice the Foo Fighters song he covered?

that one was out of left field. last thing I'd have expected from Prince. LOL
          What song did he cover? Had I saw that coming, I would have watched

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
            Prince was smokin'. The mix sucked.
            I agree but the mix we heard on TV was most likley nothing like the in stadium mix.

I have helped out on sound a few times for live events that are broadcast on Tv. Sounds to me like the feed to the TV production truck was hosed.

I was not there so I could be totally wrong.

Comment

The only thing worse than Prince was Billy Joel sounding like Rosanne doing the National Anthem...

wow.

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
                What song did he cover? Had I saw that coming, I would have watched
                Best of You, among others. I thought he did well. He was playing in a friggin' downpour. Give the guy some credit.
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

i heard him shred on good morning america............. i was like what the fuckkkkkkkk...........gay guy + strat = steve vai
                  "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Hes always shredded, but at times he seemed to not want to be known as a guitar player. Its refreshing to see him go out and play. And did he play. He still has it.
                    Great Job!
                    "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

I bashed Prince in the past as not being a very good guitar player.
                      I changed my mind after the half time show.
                      The mix was aweful but the playing was great. He is one heck of a performer. I liked all the guitar changes, the tone of the strat was excellent, the chunkyness of the Tele was REALLY good and that last strange looking guitar sounded great too. Did you notice the Floyd on the strat?? The cool thing about it is that he was actually using a Floyd the way it was meant to be used.
                      2 thumbs up for Prince.

Comment

No wonder he didn't get electrocuted!
                        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
                          No wonder he didn't get electrocuted!
                          umm...he was wireless. it's not likely that a 9-volt surging through your fingers is gonna do much damage.
                          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
                            i heard him shred on good morning america............. i was like what the fuckkkkkkkk...........gay guy + strat = steve vai
                            if prince is gay, then you are more queer than liberace.
                            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I thought the whole show was great. I have a feeling that symbol guitar was not in tune. Didn't sound right and I could tell he was trying to adjust his playing to compensate.
                              -Rick

Comment

Prince is gay. (the performance and in consideration of the conditions humbled me) the stage was over-the-top.

Comment

Working...
                                X