No announcement yet.

Prince playing halftime...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw Prince live many time - this is first time with a strat. Apart from that he´s been using Floyds ever since.

I am sure it was 100% live performance. Who in the business can still do this?

Comment

Man, Lots of Prince fans.

I gotta tell you that I belong in the minority here. I thought he blew in the '80's, sucked in the '90's and hasn't missed a beat til this day.

It was a sin to see that Tele and Strat out in the rain like that.

I see a lot of you like him, thats cool, but I'm not one. I could just never get into any of his music.
      Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

People can appreciate someones music/talent without "liking" it, even more so with a live performance.
        sigpic

Comment

Last edited by texasfury; 09-27-2008, 08:03 PM.
          Just a guitar player...

Comment

Originally posted by S-man View Post
            People can appreciate someones music/talent without "liking" it, even more so with a live performance.

Yeah, I know, but there are just some people that, when you see them, they just give you the creeps. He was one for me.
            Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

My hats off to Prince! I liked his performance.

Comment

Prince is a well rounded musician and great entertainer...He handles the guitar very well and has great feel...I would not put him in the same skill category as Vai, like some have...Not even close.

Great set of pipes still...Not my cup o tea but I don't mind his music.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

great performer... dont like his music as much though... but live, they're far more listenable.

and just for the record.. Prince IS a wardrobe malfunction
                  You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Years ago I was dragged to a Prince concert. I don't like 99.997% of his music and really didn't like being at the concert, BUT dude can play. He's actually a very talented musician.

Definitely not gay either. Little fucker is a serious poon hound!
                    Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Hats off to him indeed, not a Prince fan but I watched the YouTube vid and thoguht it was great

EDIT: Also, that Strat looked awesome.

Comment

i caught his Purple Rain tour years ago. Fun show. You may not like his image, but his talent can't be denied. i thought the half time show was the best part of the game.
                        ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

That kicked ass.

Comment

Nice to see a guitarist play the SB.

Let's root for Vai next year to keep peace at JCF

Son Of Spy
                            Last edited by sonofspy; 02-05-2007, 05:13 PM.
                            1976 Gibson Mk53
                            1988 Charvel Model 3
                            1993 Jackson Dinky Reverse (DR5)

Questions are a burden to others; answers are a prison for oneself.

Comment

I think his Tele kicked the strats ass, as far as sound!! Even the gay guitar sounded better than the strat!
                              I love admins!

Comment

Not a Prince fan at all, but the dude is way talented. He's a catchy-riff song-writing mo-fo. Lots of hits, inc stuff he's written for others.

What most impressed me about him was two things:

a) The f**ker didn't lip synch or fake-play. It was real. That's more than you can say for 99% of the BS that passes for "music" nowadays. Not to mention, when's the last time you saw a real live show at halftime? Props to him for that.

b) It was a flat-out driving rain, f**king sideways downpour. I'm sure they "contingency plan" a lip-synching backup plan for such circumstances. But he went out and played live anyway. That's the hallmark of a dedicated performer.

I may not like the guy's stuff, but I sure can respect him. And he earned it.

Comment

Working...
                                X