Go Colts !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go Colts !!!

Sorry Bear fans, but I am not sure what team it was that showed up against the Colts.

Matt

Ah hell ya Matt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pat
    Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Comment

Grossman played up to his name GROSSman :ROTF: I thought Jake Plummer was playing.

Comment

Whoever it was got stomped on. There was some good playing in that game.
        Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Well its over. Only 365 more days till next year's game. We have a lot of work to do fellas so lets get started...
          Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
          The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

You have to be happy for Tony Dungy tonight, no matter what fan you are.

He always displays tremendous class and dignity.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph E. View Post
              You have to be happy for Tony Dungy tonight, no matter what fan you are.

He always displays tremendous class and dignity.
              That's what I was thinking until he started spewing that african-american bullshit at the end. Ruined the entire game for me at that point.

It's a game people have been playing for many, many years and somehow it ended up a victory for "african-americans".

Comment

Originally posted by St.James View Post
                That's what I was thinking until he started spewing that african-american bullshit at the end. Ruined the entire game for me at that point.

It's a game people have been playing for many, many years and somehow it ended up a victory for "african-americans".
                wtf? he's the first african american head coach to win the super bowl. i suppose you think jackie robinson playing in the major leagues was the same african-american bullshit too? you got something against an african american feeling proud about accomplishing something that's never been done before by someone of his race?
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

I've got a problem with everything boiling down to race...

Comment

Now now...

The blacks/whites won, but the white man threw the ball.... So, what does that mean? Absolutely nothing!!! The Indianapolis Colts won Super Bowl XLI to which Tony Dungie (black dude with big ears) was the coach and Peyton Manning (skinny white dude that still has nightmares about zoosex.com) was the QB... Both blacks and whites played in the game and put forth a collective effort to bring home the grail! ( And of course to send me a couple dozen Benjamins )

Bottom line, yes, Dungie was the first AA to win an SB! Kudo's to you Coach!

Ya know, you can't be prejudice ALL the time...

K, I've had far too much Absolute.... See ya'll at Spring training!

Peace out........................!

Pat
                    Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Comment

Originally posted by SeventhSon View Post
                      wtf? he's the first african american head coach to win the super bowl. i suppose you think jackie robinson playing in the major leagues was the same african-american bullshit too? you got something against an african american feeling proud about accomplishing something that's never been done before by someone of his race?
                      I thought the African American stuff was more than appropriate. What was inappropriate and pretty bizarre is when he answered this question: "What's the social and historical significance of your vicotry?" by saying that not only are he and lovie Smith the first African-Americans, but they are Christian coaches.

What the heck? It's perfectly fine to thank God, praise him after a football victory, even thank him for leading you to victory, but I'm very uncomfortable with his answering that question by bringing up the fact that they are Christian coaches. I mean, why is that an important social fact in American history? I don't get it. Is it really that significant?

Comment

In football, a lot of it boils down to race. It's unavoidable. Obviously we can't get into it all here, but there is definitely a racial divide in that sport, and in so many ways.

Comment

Oh, ya, I remember him saying that. I am happy for his win but I wouldn't be any less happy or more happy because of his color. If anything I think the NFL is one of the places where most people could give a rats ass about color. If you find yourself benched or fired, it sure as hell had nothing to do with color. It's all about the win and if you aren't the best person for that position, you are on the bench as a backup. Too bad more organizations aren't like that.

Matt

Comment

Like the Irish celebrating St. Patrick's day?

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear View Post
                              Oh, ya, I remember him saying that. I am happy for his win but I wouldn't be any less happy or more happy because of his color. If anything I think the NFL is one of the places where most people could give a rats ass about color.
                              Then you don't know your history of the NFL.

The point is that it's much better now because many people in the past recognized that there was discrimination in many areas of the NFL. Moreover, it didn't correct itself without certain people fighting very hard against the status quo.

Comment

Working...
                              X