Anyone record the SuperBowl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone record the SuperBowl?

My Dad set his DVD recorder for it, but something happened and it only recorded 2 hours - the pre-game show and about an hour of the game.

Needless to say he was quite upset with himself.

If anyone recorded it (DVD or VHS), I'd like to have a copy of it. I can trade you either a blank DVD (-R,+R,RW, whatever) or VHS (whatever ya got).
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

If you don't knock the quality setting down on your DVD recorder, it will only record 2 hours.

Comment

I have it on my DirecTV box, but nobody has figured out how to get anything off of these new DVR boxes.
      -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear View Post
        If you don't knock the quality setting down on your DVD recorder, it will only record 2 hours.
        He says he set it for 6 hours - or rather, when he put the disc in it was already on 6hours from the last time he recorded a game, but that "something" happened to make it drop back to 2 hours.

I dunno - it's definitely something he did wrong, poor guy
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
          I have it on my DirecTV box, but nobody has figured out how to get anything off of these new DVR boxes.
          Just run one of your outputs to a DVD recorder. That's what I do.

Newc, I'll see what I got recorded when I get home this evening. I know I set the DVR to record, but never bothered to see if anything actually recorded (I set the priority real low in case in conflicted with anything else.

Comment

Download it.... Apparently a commercial free HDTV Divx/Xvid format encode, but you need a bittorrent client:
            http://thepiratebay.org/details.php?id=3441505

No, I didn't record it. I didn't even watch it.
            Last edited by xenophobe; 02-05-2007, 09:11 PM.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I got it but it is strictly a DVR in HD but I think i might be able to hook my player up to my network and burn it. I think.
              I keep the bible in a pool of blood
              So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Thanks all, but apparently he did record the whole thing. When he put the disc in to watch it yesterday morning (he recorded it in the one in the bedroom but watched it on the other one in the living room) the default menu only showed "SP 2Hrs", but when I got in this morning he said it had recorded the whole thing.

Apparently it was showing what the 2nd recorder was set for (2Hrs) rather than what the disc actually was (6Hrs).

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsuo View Post
                  I got it but it is strictly a DVR in HD but I think i might be able to hook my player up to my network and burn it. I think.
                  Hey Tets, let me know if you successfully do this, I've tried a few ways, but I can't get it out of the DVR, it's DirectTV HD. I can do it with other Tivo boxes, but not HD with DirectTV. I'm due for a new box, maybe I'll request it. But I think I'm screwed with everything currently on that box as there's nio migration or network integration. There are ports for it, but that's it, they're basically useless...

Pat
                  Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Comment

Pat, I'm not a fan of the new DirecTV boxes either. All the ports are disabled and I have lost more programs than I can count because of this.
                    I'm on my second DVR from them and I'm not going to get a third if this thing fails again.
                    DirecTV no longer offers Tivo branded boxes. They have new, proprietary boxes that nobody seems to be able to hack yet.
                    Weaknees.com has a $25k reward out for anyone who can crack these things.
                    Weaknees does sell a 100 hour HD DVR that will work with DirecTV service.
                    It ain't cheap though. But man they have some awesome boxes!
                    http://www.weaknees.com/series-3-hd-tivo.php
                    -Rick

Comment

Thanx! I'm actually on my 4th, maybe 5th one here, and again, I'm due for one now, these one has a mind of it's own! It is laughable to say the least...

Thanx for the link!
                      Pat
                      Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Comment

ah...that would be illegal unless you guys got written consent from the NFL
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                        X