NASCAR. I'm feeling Japanese

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fett View Post
    The whole "Racing Scene" as we know it today is just plain Bullshit. The driver doesn't drive the car. It's all done for him. The steering wheel on an F1 car is like my TV remote. Just press a button. NASCAR is so far away from it's roots that they can't even find a dead branch. Auto racing used to be a driver taking a car to its limit. Lock, stock and barrel. The car was secondary to the driver. Now, it's the car that takes the driver. It's no fun anymore.
    What the hell are you rambling about? NASCAR high tech? Are you kidding? The only thing high tech about NASCAR is their testing, hell they still use carburetors for petes sake!!! Car drives itself??? I'd like to see YOU try to drive around a track at 200mph!

There are some things I don't like about NASCAR but I still enjoy watching it. I just think this whole Toyota thing is too much.

Comment

The only "Low Tech" in NASCAR is the engine. Yeah, they use Carbs. But everything else is Legos. As I said before, they where going almost 200 MPH years and years ago with actual cars. There is nothing on a NASCAR car that comes even remotely close to stock. And, yes a car will drive itself once the pit fuks with all the cranks that do this and that. "It's too tight". "It's too loose." "It bottoms out", "I can't hear the guy in the crow's nest ." I can't see anything because I'm in a neck brace." I'm just miss "true" sports. Let the football players play without a mic in the QB's helmet. Let a race car be put on the track with whatever set-up came out of the garage. These guys are just a bunch of sissys. It's no fun knowing that the game is rigged. The next thing you know soccer players will have earphones. Nevermind, I'm going to bed.
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
        The only "Low Tech" in NASCAR is the engine. Yeah, they use Carbs. But everything else is Legos. As I said before, they where going almost 200 MPH years and years ago with actual cars. There is nothing on a NASCAR car that comes even remotely close to stock. And, yes a car will drive itself once the pit fuks with all the cranks that do this and that. "It's too tight". "It's too loose." "It bottoms out", "I can't hear the guy in the crow's nest ." I can't see anything because I'm in a neck brace." I'm just miss "true" sports. Let the football players play without a mic in the QB's helmet. Let a race car be put on the track with whatever set-up came out of the garage. These guys are just a bunch of sissys. It's no fun knowing that the game is rigged. The next thing you know soccer players will have earphones. Nevermind, I'm going to bed.
        if your thinking back when Davie Allison,Buddy Baker,Richard Petty,David Pearson,used to race in them big old cars and think those were stock,hahahahahahahahahahahaha,i have news for you,those cars were not stock,the only time they drove a "STOCK" car would have been in the 50's when they used to race on the beach in Daytona,once they started to race the high banks of Daytona those cars were not stock,they modified everything they could to make the car go faster and handle well

oh and by the way they only race 43 cars,and Daytona and Talladega are the only restrictor plate race,watch when they go to California next week all the fast teams will be going over 200 mph into turn 1
        http://www.myspace.com/deadsoldier2

Comment

Go 24. heh heh.

Will Jr stay with DEI or go to RCR? What do you guys think. I know he is locked for another year but do you think Teresa will meet his needs as a car owner?

I bet she does. To much $$$$ at stake.

Comment

Originally posted by Firebird V View Post
            Go 24. heh heh.

Will Jr stay with DEI or go to RCR? What do you guys think. I know he is locked for another year but do you think Teresa will meet his needs as a car owner?

I bet she does. To much $$$$ at stake.
            She'd be crazy to deny him of that, what does she have if he leaves? I know they don't get along too well but she's not an idiot, she (and her team) are good/smart business people. I honestly think that if he left, he'd be able to take Bud with him, so that would be a pretty good "hit" to that team as well.
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Man, I use to love NASCAR, but after the Restrictor Plates and some other things, I haven`t watched near as much as I use to. The Toyota thing is kinda wierd, but I will watch a little and see what happens Jack.

Comment

Jr at DEI would be really cool. Budweiser would be crazy not to follow Junior. They have one more year at DEI but I'm sure they could buy their way out of the last year and head wherever Jr goes.

I do agree that DEI without Junior would definitely be at a loss. I mean Truex and Menard are good drivers, but they'll need time to get to Junior's level. DEI would definitely need to go out and get a top level driver to lead DEI. And there's only a handful of drivers who fit the bill.

It will definitely be interesting to see how this shakes out.

The interesting side of this is Teresa's side. Can you imagine helping your husband build this race team, he dies, you run the company for years, then your step-son comes out and says he wants majority ownership? That's got to be hard for her to take.

Not that I'm taking sides in this. It's just interesting when you look at it from that point of view.

I mean Earnhardt himself wasn't the owner/driver of his car. I'm surprised that Junior wants that extra responsibility at this stage in his career. He should really focus his energies on winning a championship before he starts tackling ownership issues. I'm sure the issue of him owning DEI would be settled later in his career.

Comment

Couldn't sgree with you more, Bryan, well said-
                  Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Last edited by texasfury; 09-27-2008, 08:02 PM.
                    Just a guitar player...

Comment

Tony Stewart put it best,if Jr leaves DEI,all DEI will be is a Museum at best
                      http://www.myspace.com/deadsoldier2

Comment

Working...
                      X