post some modern dark music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
    Ours is pretty dark in a Jeff Buckleyish way. Check out "Mercy" or "Get Up" on my Myspace profile:

www.myspace.com/sinistas
    Who sings in Ours? Sounded like a mix between Thom Yorke (Radiohead) and Jeff Buckley to me!
    "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

his name is Jimmy Gnecco. He's absolutely incredible live.
      Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Cool, I liked his voice

Comment

for the last 2 years I've been listening to a lot of Nashville dark-pop, very cool stuff, top notch musicians and singers.

One of my best finds is Laurie Webb, she became popular with her demo song wich she did with some dude for Fruity Loops program.
          This is just an AWSOME tune. Listen to it here!

or
          Hightail Spaces lets you send unlimited files, of any size, to anyone. Collaborate with your team and evolve your work.

And now she is making an album with the best sessions pros. Check her out. http://www.myspace.com/lollievox
          The song "Dance With Me" is amazing.
          Last edited by Endrik; 02-09-2007, 05:36 PM.
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

OH! And Riverside is dark prog rock:

www.myspace.com/riversidepl
            I was just gonna say Riverside - Second life syndrome.

Have you listened to green carnation? Their 'blessing in disguise' and 'the quiet offspring' are extremely well done albums. There are quite a few "metal" moments but mostly progressive rockish music.
            Sam

Comment

E.. I actually like that.. What I've heard so far anyway. Sounds great!
              You make sure she doesn't sell out start dressing like a slut ok?

Comment

Green Carnation rules. The Acoustic Verses is a great album, too.

Comment

Nashville artists rarely sell-out, Sheryl Crow is the biggest right now but she does whatever she wants to....a real kickass music.
                  Last edited by Endrik; 02-09-2007, 05:52 PM.
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Oh, metal, but I must mention Daylight Dies (doomy doomy)

DAYLIGHT DIES's profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.

Comment

hey sinistas, Ours sounded pretty good, thanks

Comment

Oh, metal, but I must mention Daylight Dies (doomy doomy)

www.myspace.com/daylightdies
                        but dont every song sound the same? I downloaded one of their albums and I could swear song number 1 and 5 sound exactly the same. Something like what happens with katatonia.
                        Sam

Comment

Ours is pretty dark in a Jeff Buckleyish way. Check out "Mercy" or "Get Up" on my Myspace profile:

www.myspace.com/sinistas
                          that was some good stuff!

Actually, you've got a bunch of good stuff in your playlist. I liked that Riverside track. Reminded me of Porcupine Tree.

And all your heroes seem to be big guys! Coincidence?
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

I saw Daylight Dies open for Emperor in NYC. I liked them, but after like three songs I was pretty bored.

Comment

We played with Daylight Dies & Katatonia in October. Best show of my life.

VG: It was by design. haha

Comment

While still Metal (or to some "post-black Metal"), these 2 groups are just what you're looking for

Woods Of Ypres

Agalloch

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Working...
                                X