Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• post some modern dark music

I'll start with Martin Grech

Video for the single "Guitless' lifted from the album 'Unholy' released in 2005

now this is some deep shit,

the album version is better though (about 8 minutes with long orchestration section and whatnot)

I describe it as
    Nine Inch Nails + A Pefect Circle + Peter Gabriel + Richard Wagner

It's from his second album "Unholy"
    I think he is a talented young man but I wonder what the heck made him to write this song

please share some creepy stuff
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Maybe not "dark and modern", but I still think it's creepy..
    Morbid Angel - "God of Emptiness".. Check it out:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

I can't find it on the web but Throbbing Gristle's Hamburger Lady would be my offering.

Comment

Don't have a link, but Fantomas Delirium Cordia sounds like it could be a score for a horror movie or something. Definitely dark and different.
        EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

Katatonia.

www.myspace.com/katatonia
          Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

And Opeth, although they generally make me feel good..

Comment

I'd like to hear some cool new stuff that isn't metal...

Comment

It's out there, somewhere.. If you search around it's amazing what you could find. With so much music out there there should be something for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Argos View Post
                  I'd like to hear some cool new stuff that isn't metal...
                  Martin Grech's second album "Unholy" is very deep and dark but not metal, only the song I posted here has some metal moments. Other's are mostly alternative/progressive tunes, a lot of acoustical parts and whatnot.

Maybe Guitardude can suggest some non-metal stuff, I know that in Norway there are some really good darkwave/pop-rock bands, similar to darker Nashville pop/rock but with more northern vibe...obviously. I can't remember the names....one was some band with three chicks, they have some pretty cool dark videos too.
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Uhm, I'd have to think about that.. Not too updated on the not-so-metal-scene lol.. I'll post something if I find it tho

Comment

Not Norwegian, but if you're looking for something moody, not-metal, I'd recommend Portishead.. Very moody, strange music.. Don't pay to much attention to the scratching bits, this is a great band IMO.. Great singer.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

EDIT: one more, slightly more pompous song.. Still very strange mood I think..
                      Last edited by Guitardude86; 02-09-2007, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Very cool! I like that. I've been getting away from listening to metal all the time and into mellower stuff; Placebo, etc.

My recommendation for this thread will be Peccatum.

Comment

Portishead is a very good band, they are pretty popular here amongst the alternative music fans and radio DJ's

they are mixing pretty well that moody Bjork vibe and chill-out acid jazz grooves

Comment

Blackfield's moderately dark, depending on the song.

Blackfield's profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.

Ours is pretty dark in a Jeff Buckleyish way. Check out "Mercy" or "Get Up" on my Myspace profile:

SIN Verguenza (sinistas)'s profile on Myspace, the place where people come to connect, discover, and share.

Comment

OH! And Riverside is dark prog rock:

Riverside's profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.

Comment

Working...
                              X