Danzig. Anyone miss the real Danzig?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danzig. Anyone miss the real Danzig?

Yeah, I know Glen is supposed to be an egomaniacal dwarf, but I still love the first 4 Danzig albums. I was just listening to Danzig II and III, and I love the combo of Glen with John Christ, Chuck Biscuits, and Eerie Von.

Any other Danzig fans around?

Anyone heard the newer stuff with Tommy Victor?
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

I fucking want the original Misfits back.
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I used to love Danzig. I liked Samhain better than anything, but I liked it all.

I thought Tommy Victor only played on the tour. Did he record w/ Danzig?

Comment

Danzig - Danzig 4: Awesome.
        Danzig 5: Suck.
        Danzig 6: Ehh.
        Danzig 7: Suck.
        Circle of Snakes: Decent.

I strongly think that Glenn blew his voice out during the recording of 4, it hasn't been the same since. Listen to the end of Let It Be Captured, I don't know how you record that and not kill your throat.
        Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

I miss the old lineup. Just straight up rock and roll really. Hell, I even did "Mother" for karaoke last weekend. Intoxication leads to a great "woooo yeeeaahhh".
          EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

I'm with ya zeegler. I loved everything up to "How The Gods Kill" and then he stared losing me. The first album is damn near perfect, in my opinion.
            Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

It's all about the misfits
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I saw that line up of Danzig like four times. They were a great rock metal band. Once Dazig went off into the black acid devil or whatever that was he lost me. Christ had some great riffs, it would be cool to see that version come back.

Comment

Right after John Christ left Danzig, I remember seeing an interview where he was asked what he was doing since he left and he said he was playing in a Ted Nugent cover band. I always thought that was a bizarre career change.

Comment

I always forget the name of the guitarist here.. I just used to think he'd do great in Manowar Love Danzigs voice too..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCNbSCynLds
                    "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Don't you mean Danza?

Who's The Boss!!!
                      THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

I'm a Danzig fan, too. I have his first three albums, and even his Black Aria classical instrumental. Haven't picked up any of his other stuff. I actually was in the record store today and saw there was a Black Aria II. Guess I'll probably pick that one up soon and the rest of his catalog eventually.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'm a huge Danzig Fan & Sam Hain never got into the Misfits it just wasn't around for me to hear. But yeah after How the Gods Kill & the old line up was gone I got Danzig 6 & Black Area but nothing latley . Is it worth checking out.
                          According To The Prophecy

Comment

John Christ has a solo album called Flesh Caffeine. Came out in 99 I think. check it out!

Also, i do miss the classic Danzig lineup. Circle of Snakes is not a top shelf album but it has it's moments and seems a good start in the right direction. Tommy Victor did play on that album and you can hear his style in it. I think Danzig writes most or all of the riffs and I don't think he's a very good guitar player hence all his stuff sounds only slightly different. He needs a talented guitarist to dress up his licks and he just hasn't had(post JC) that until Victor. Or maybe he won't let anyone add their own ideas?

Anyway, here's to Danzig 1-4!

Comment

MISFITS

Comment

Working...
                              X