No announcement yet.

Speaking of Cricket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cricket is like a battle, and I thought americans liked long drawn out battles that may or may not have an ending

Comment

Originally posted by vertigo08 View Post
      Americans love their baseball... Australians like me love their cricket and take pride in it becuase we're currently the best in the world at it
      although the Poms kicked our asses in the first final last night.

Originally posted by bibz View Post
      Cricket is like a battle, and I thought americans liked long drawn out battles that may or may not have an ending
      So cricket is like Vietnam? A game takes 5 days and you may still not have a winner in the end.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

anyone played Finnish Baseball?
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
          alright then. First lesson: the "cricket stick" you saw Ian Faith brandishing in Spinal Tap is called a "bat".
          LOL, I was gonna ask, what the hell is a cricket stick. Cricket bats are also great for smacking people in the head with.
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by vertigo08 View Post
            Americans love their baseball... Australians like me love their cricket and take pride in it becuase we're currently the best in the world at it
            We finally beat you yesterday and we will do it again in the final :p

Although to be fair England havnt had the best winter down under....

Cricket can be very boring! games can last for 5 days and then just be a draw. Atleast with baseball you play until somebody wins.. (might be wrong here). The two sports are essentially very similar though , although in baseballers wear silly socks!
            If you wake up in the morning, it's because Jack Bauer spared your life.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
              So cricket is like Vietnam? A game takes 5 days and you may still not have a winner in the end.
              I was going for the iraq comparison to keep it topical but they both work! Its only mildly cheeky since we always follow brits/yanks into war regardless. It reminds me the parralell of 'you will land on the sandy beaches of gallipoli' and 'the people of iraq will accept you with open arms'. Fuckin' lieing polly cunts

To keep it on topic, cricket is a gentlemens game. It has class, grace. It has produced some of the best Australian's we've had to offer. David Boon. Shane Warne. Actually they are probably the top two. Heres the best story to show you what Aussie/Cricket culture is all about. One mans triumph over the impossible!

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                Basically, it's really dull, goes on even longer than baseball and is as interesting as watching paint dry.
                So it's just like a fett thread then. :ROTF: :ROTF:
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                  So it's just like a fett thread then. :ROTF: :ROTF:
                  How come I'm the goat and most of my threads make you guys feel good? Go figure. And no one has explained the game. BTW. I know it's called a "Bat".
                  Last edited by fett; 02-10-2007, 04:27 PM.
                  I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by bibz View Post
                    Fuckin' lieing polly cunts
                    now now, don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel about politicians.

To keep it on topic, cricket is a gentlemens game. It has class, grace. It has produced some of the best Australian's we've had to offer. David Boon. Shane Warne. Actually they are probably the top two. Heres the best story to show you what Aussie/Cricket culture is all about. One mans triumph over the impossible!

http://beebo.org/smackerels/david-boon.html
                    52 cans, baby! That's the only way to fly
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Cricket bats were designed to emulate the Steinberger L2. True.

Fett, forget cricket, it's crap. It's just like baseball ie. go to the game, take loads of beer, sit in the sun, get pissed, every now and then stand up with your mates and have a little sing-song, then get more pissed. Sometimes one of the cretins on the pitch will hit a ball your way and disturb you, but for the most part, the only worry you have is running out of booze and grub. If you are lucky, the sun will shine and some lovely little trollop will get her tits out. If you are really lucky, one of your mates will accept the bet and do a streak across the field and dance around for a while in front of the batsman rubbing his nuts. (Don't worry, it'll be miles away, you won't see anything in too much detail). Then it will piss down with rain, the teams will clear off for cucumber sandwiches before they come out and call the game off due to poor light. There, that's all you need to know about cricket.

Oh, yes, and England will lose. Again.
                      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Thanks. That's all most people need to know. It just cracks me up when the BBC starts throwing out all kinds of numbers. A baseball game is like 6-5. A cricket score runs forever. And then it's time for tea.
                        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                          Cricket bats were designed to emulate the Steinberger L2. True.

Fett, forget cricket, it's crap. It's just like baseball ie. go to the game, take loads of beer, sit in the sun, get pissed, every now and then stand up with your mates and have a little sing-song, then get more pissed. Sometimes one of the cretins on the pitch will hit a ball your way and disturb you, but for the most part, the only worry you have is running out of booze and grub. If you are lucky, the sun will shine and some lovely little trollop will get her tits out. If you are really lucky, one of your mates will accept the bet and do a streak across the field and dance around for a while in front of the batsman rubbing his nuts. (Don't worry, it'll be miles away, you won't see anything in too much detail). Then it will piss down with rain, the teams will clear off for cucumber sandwiches before they come out and call the game off due to poor light. There, that's all you need to know about cricket.

Oh, yes, and England will lose. Again.
                          Damnit man, you just described yesterday's final. Except England won.
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                          X