Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People who have received items from Canada...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People who have received items from Canada...

Ive done it 30+ times (sent a guitar to the states) but this last time im having an issue.

I sent a USA Jackson to a fellow in Chicago, and it has been one month and there is no sign of it at his door. Im not overly panicked because im aware the border can play a role and all that. Anyhow, im just looking for some answers to see if any of you have waited LONGER then that so I have a reference point to tell the guy I sent it too. It was insured, but I couldnt go to it's full value (1000$ limit) so if it doesnt show up at his door, Ill have to wait a few weeks on a claim and be out roughly 1450$ of my currency.

I sent it expedited, can anyone chim ein saying how long it took for them to receive an item sent from Canada via ground?!?

Last edited by texasfury; 09-27-2008, 08:01 PM.
    Just a guitar player...

Comment

Whenever I ship a guitar to the US it takes a maximum of 5-7 days........

Comment

hmm well yeah customs can be a pain, took about a month for me to get a guitar recently from the UK. So I would say he might be getting it anytime, but yeah was there no tracking info?. Although tracking numbers can be almost useless at times because the sites seem to never update the info.

I'm waiting for a envelope from US priority mail currently which should be roughly 2 days. so I checked the tracking info and it's just listed as being intially excepted on the 7th. Yeah great tracking system guys.

Comment

There IS tracking info, But once it hits the states it is gone......

For example, the site is www.canadapost.ca and the tracking number is CX 125 002 535 CA

It's poor tracking, but it identifies some things. Either way, I WILL be paying the post office a visit on Monday. I just hope it isnt sitting on a customs warehouse desk "waiting" it's turn!

Comment

I'm waiting for a guitar myself from Canada too. Sent by airmail... canadapost.ca says 6-10 business days for international airmal parcels, but it's been 15 business days now and the last update on tracking number was on 30th of January saying that it left the Canada. I really wonder what's taking so long. Doubt it's customs too...

there's alternitive site to track too:

gives a bit more info than canadapost.ca

gemini8026, here's tracking number for my guitar so you can compare the waiting times... CC067554134CA
            Last edited by Nazgul; 02-10-2007, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Is there no tracking ability? Or are the Mounties hand (or should I say, hoof) delivering it?

Yeah, ordering stuff from the U.S. is often a pain in the ass. Expensive shipping, long delays, customs taxes, etc etc.......
              "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
              The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

5-7 days UPS ground for me, however I have one stuck at customs on it's way here...I hate that!

Comment

Working...
                X