Pay Pal Freeze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay Pal Freeze

I sold my RX10D on ebay last month. The buyer (in Canada) recived it and is telling me i sold him a fake chineese ripoff. He has filed a dispute with paypal And they have frozen that money in my account. That alone pisses me off. However, I know this is not a fake, it maybe chineese made or wherever they produce these cheap rr copies, but it is legit. He states the case, which i threw in the deal is damaged. I have no pictures to prove otherwise, he states there is damage that was not disclosed. That is BS. I have pictures to show the condition when shipped. What the hell is gonna happen now? How do i prove this and what does paypal usually do in these situations?
    Friggin unbeleveable.

Originally posted by AzPilot View Post
    I sold my RX10D on ebay last month. The buyer (in Canada) recived it and is telling me i sold him a fake chineese ripoff. He has filed a dispute with paypal And they have frozen that money in my account. That alone pisses me off. However, I know this is not a fake, it maybe chineese made or wherever they produce these cheap rr copies, but it is legit. He states the case, which i threw in the deal is damaged. I have no pictures to prove otherwise, he states there is damage that was not disclosed. That is BS. I have pictures to show the condition when shipped. What the hell is gonna happen now? How do i prove this and what does paypal usually do in these situations?
    Friggin unbeleveable.

well send them your pics of before it shipped. I bet hes just trying to rip you off. Paypal will always side with the buyer in 99% of cases unless you send undeniable proof to them...

You also could close your bank account that paypal has and get another one and then never use paypal again as a seller... Did they get any money from you? I never ship until the money has transfered to my bank then I transfer that money to my real account. I use an account that has usually a few dollars in it for paypal....I also NEVER sell to a foreigner EVER. Laws are different in other countries..

Comment

Yes, well i dont see anywhere to send paypal pictures. Also, how can i prove it is authentic, when he has the guitar? All i can do is send pics (if i knew where to send them) He could take pictures of a totally different guitar and say i shipped him that, couldnt he?

Comment

that sucks ass. this is why when i sell a guitar on ebay, it's pickup only and cash on the spot. that gives the buyer time to inspect it and hands over the cash. if i was to get some stroppy text, call or email later, i'd give him a piece of my mind.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Pay Pal will research the dispute, and you will have to provide your side. It seems to me that the quickest/simplest solution would be to have the buyer ship the RX10D back, and you do a full refund minus the shipping cost. Then it's over and done with, and you can relist it and move on with life. Also, did the buyer give you the option for a partial refund?

Then again, you can fight it and it drag out for 30 days or more. I too am one of those people where I'll dig my heals in the ground, but you need to make sure all of your bases are 100% covered. The buyer sounds like a tool. Good luck with it.

Comment

Suddenly, this thread http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65235 has all kinds of relevance!
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by AzPilot View Post
              And they have frozen that money in my account.
              First law of Paypal - Once you get the money, transfer it to your bank account and clear out that acount once the funds are in there. I have separate accounts just for paypal that I keep less than a dollar in.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
                Pay Pal will research the dispute, and you will have to provide your side. It seems to me that the quickest/simplest solution would be to have the buyer ship the RX10D back, and you do a full refund minus the shipping cost. Then it's over and done with,
                It is personal now. He is in no way going to inconvience me this way. He will be stuck with the guitar and i will prove it is legit. I am glad now he thinks he got a fake. Friggin idiot.

Comment

As a buyer I disputed a sale because an item arrived damaged. Paypal said they could not do anything about it until I returned the damaged item to the seller (at my expense). I am surprised they froze your account. I really did get the shaft on a damaged item and they did nothing for me.

Comment

Where does he live? Maybe I need to pay him a visit.
                    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I've been pretty lucky, one seller ripped me off, other than that, no real ebay/PP drama...

PP drama, great band name.....
                      When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                        Where does he live? Maybe I need to pay him a visit.
                        Thats what Im talkin bout.

Comment

exactly why i don't use that Paypal shit just another scam waiting to happen
                          "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

I only use PayPal for buying/selling stuff on JCF and buying/selling LOW dollar items on ebay.
                            -Rick

Comment

You have to treat PayPal with caution as most have stated in one way or another here.

Second, always attach a "disposable" bank account and email address to your PP account, this way you can dispute the charges at your bank for the funds in a case like this and you get them back immediately, and then you can fight it out with PayPal/buyer/seller. They can "and will" take months to hash it all out. I've been on both sides and that's unfortunately the only sure way of being 100% safe with PayPal,. no matter which side you're on.

If you dispute PayPal, the bank account and email account attached, is gone. ( as it pertains to PayPal )

Hope it all works out!

Pat
                              Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Comment

Working...
                              X