PayPal dispute question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PayPal dispute question

I had a successful transaction on eBay in jan (sold jan 8, payment received by me jan 9, shipped jan 9, received by buyer jan 12 and + fb left for me jan 12. I left + FB on jan 9.

So i look @ paypal today to check my balance and I have 'unresolved items in my resolution center'.

I look and I have a dispute opened by the buyer feb 6 (suspect fraud) and ebay denied the chargeback same day. I was never emailed for input or that this occurred. Buyer left great FB 3 weeks earlier and never emailed me again.

1) Why wasnt I alerted of the complaint
    2) what is "suspect fraud"
    3) why would ebay reject a claim that fast without notifyng me?
    4) how the hell do I ask paypal for the details of a closed complaint? Their site sucks.
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

So if I read this right.

The guy left positive feedback and a month later opened a complaint for a refund. However, ebay denied him the money from your account? and it's says suspect fraud on your Paypal page?

It sounds as if Ebay/Paypal looked at the transaction. Since the guy left positive feedback way back then Ebay/Paypal denied his claim because by leaving the positive feednback he pretty much admitted that the product was received and he was happy with it.

You can e-mail Ebay or Paypal. They're slow but they will get back to you. If I understand the chain of events clearly, it sounds like you shouldn't need to worry.
    My Toys:
    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
    '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
    '94 Dinky HX in Black
    '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

That's the only way I can read this too. I was confused because I had no idea that this was filed against me. I thought that i woud get an email from PayPal when the complaint is opened, I never got any sort of email from this guy, so he either accidentally opened a dispute against me thinking it was some other transaction he was unappy with or ebay/paypal looked at it and declined.

It seems like even if he was unhappy he'd have placed a "hey you ripped me off" or "where's my stuff" email.

i still don't know why it would be 'suspected fraud" unless it was an email solicitation or someone hacked his acct.

Oh well, I am not out anything, just confused.
      When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Working...
      X