No announcement yet.

Historical winter storm on the way.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Historical winter storm on the way.....

Possible 12-16 inches of snow starting Tuesday.
    New York has already got hammered big time.
    Ohio, Ill, Indiana all are suppose to get hammered hard as well.
    I despise winter with a deep seeded passion.
    With that said, by early next week (not this coming tuesday but next Tuesday) the expected temp is forcasted to be in the mid to high 40's.
    Oh how wonderful the local rivers will definietly rise thus creating another concern. I despise the winter months here in Indiana. Happy, happy, joy, joy.
    Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

OH Yeah!Indiana in the winter time!! Soap ,what part of indy you from? I'm in the northwest corner,called hell or Chicagowannbe.....
    Rivers gonna overflow if 40's hit,the Kankakee is already knockin on my doorstep....
    www.thejimmyhatz.com

Comment

The NYC Metro area is expecting our first "big snowstorm" of the season starting Tuesday night. 3-6" of the white stuff is predicted.:ROTF: I love how the media plays this up since we have barely had any snow this year. I think the total snowfall measured in Central Park is 2" for the year so far.

Upstate NY has nearly 11 feet.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

We are waiting to see if we will get it here on the east coast. I will be traveling to New Jersey Tuesday afternoon....are they getting it too?

Comment

Originally posted by quakana View Post
          I will be traveling to New Jersey Tuesday afternoon....are they getting it too?
          They're suppose to, but like everybody else at this point its a wait and see game. Get out now before it hits and pick up some essential supplies just in case the worst scenario becomes real. An accumulation of 10+ inches will shut down alot of everything, bring most businesses to a screeching halt, even mail delivery will be effected.

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Comment

Originally posted by quakana View Post
            We are waiting to see if we will get it here on the east coast. I will be traveling to New Jersey Tuesday afternoon....are they getting it too?
            It is supposed to start snowing here on Tuesday evening.
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Even if it is only 6 inches it will be nice to actually have some snow this year. So far this winter has blown chunks.
              Scott

Comment

I only speak of the Indiana area, the winter storm starts this evening around 7:00pmish. I work 2nd shift, I plan to work to dinner break (7:00) and then I'm clocking out and heading back home. I recall the blizzard of 1978, it snowed 12 inches and shut down everything for approx 2 weeks. The city was shut down from it, nobody could get out everybody was snowed in. With that said, this expected winter storm its suppose hammer us with 12-16 inches. Thats a bigger storm than the blizzard of 78.
                Happy, happy, joy, joy.

Comment

Cincinnati's supposed to get 10-13 inches. I'm pumped. Not for the aftermath, though.
                  My Main Rig:
                  '87 Charvel Model 4A
                  Peavey KB100 amp
                  Ibanez SM7 Smashbox

Others:
                  '92 Gibson Les Paul Custom
                  '05 Ibanez RG320FM
                  '86 Ovation Pinnacle
                  '98 Synsonics Custom Strat
                  '89 Kramer 700ST Bass

Comment

12-16 inches? That's it? I sneer at your 12-16 inches!!

Comment

Originally posted by danastas View Post
                      For real. And he says it shut everything down for 2 weeks!:ROTF: Back when I was a truck driver we had like 2 feet one day. We spent the day shoveling snow from under the trailer tires and shoveling out the tractors. Next day we were back on the road. Did it suck? Yeah....but buisiness would have suffered severely if we waited 2 weeks to go back to work.
                      Scott

Comment

Originally posted by danastas View Post
                        No shit. Toughen up, nancy boys. We won't even crank up the snowmobiles for that light a dusting.
                        Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

I live in small city that never runs (city depts and postal) right when big snow storms hit. City trucks to salt and plow snow, 3 at best. Yah, its a nightmare where I live. We here know, what were gonna go through since the city doesn't prepare themselves. In 78, all the neighbors on our street (myself included) shoveled ourselves out or it wouldn't have got done. Its no fun here, this city sucks.
                          Last edited by Soap; 02-12-2007, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Sigh...I'm in cleveland. Lake effect + uber storm = me being very emo. Cleveland weather FTL

Comment

I'm in South Jersey; I'm expecting 3 inches tops. I just don't see it being too bad. I want the 70 degree temps we had in January back, I got a barbecue waiting and steaks in the freezer!
                              Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Working...
                              X