Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

It's great that you have found the drums. I can relate to your ulnar and cubital issues. I was told about two years ago by my doctor to either give up playing computer games all the time or give up guitar. My ulnar and tendons, etc were screaming. Fortunately I caught it in time. My induction tests showed no permanent damage and no surgery required. Lots of rest and anti-inflammitories. Take it easy and listen to the doc. I hope you recover soon.
      Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
        oh, i see. then you may have some more serious problems going on. I didnt know you broke your elbow. There still should be something else you can do. Neurontin is an anti-inflammatory? Changing your posture, playing position, or just not playing as much would all help. I personally would do ANYTHING i needed to do to rectify the situation, other than quitting guitar. Its one of the only things that keeps me sane.
        Again thanks guys for all the kind words. Neurontin is one of those drugs they use for lots of different things. It is mainly classified as an anti seizure med but in my case they prescribed it for pain coming from a nerve injury. I'm also on Voltaren which IS an anti inflammatory.
        http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

Originally posted by Ripley7t View Post
          It's great that you have found the drums. I can relate to your ulnar and cubital issues. I was told about two years ago by my doctor to either give up playing computer games all the time or give up guitar. My ulnar and tendons, etc were screaming. Fortunately I caught it in time. My induction tests showed no permanent damage and no surgery required. Lots of rest and anti-inflammitories. Take it easy and listen to the doc. I hope you recover soon.
          Me too, I got ulnar nerve problems in 2003 after starting an IT job and working 8 hours a day on the computer, as well as playing PC games and guitar in the evening.
          I got through it without any meds... had to stop playing for about 6 weeks, do a complete examination of my body posture (NO armrests for the elbows while using the pc!), taking more breaks and doing stretching exercises.

I also had to start very carefully again with the guitar, and developed a very light touch. Nowadays I'm fully recovered, and have all the stamina I need (did 7 hours in the studio during album recordings without any nerve problems!). But I'm also much more sensible which helps to recognize the problems and avoiding them BEFORE the injury happens.
          http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Good stuff man !!! You have the will to do it !!! Get the drums down, then go write some new guitar tracks to go with them !!!

Go man, never give up never surrender !!!!

Comment

Coolness, good luck bro!
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

THat is awesome! Congrats on your new found musical interest!

Comment

The drums were my first instrument until the neighbors showed up with pitchforks and fire. You lost your playing to an injury, I lost mine to Satan, it was a sick battle, and it;'s not over yet, but not playing has sucked all the good out of me and filled me up with all the possible bad that could be stuffed in. I got enough bad in me to put the whole board away for life. You keep kicking ass on those drums, that story made me smile. Nice!!!!!!!
                  Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

someday the only wood i'll have in my hands is a guitar neck!
                    ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Isn't this what happened to Mustaine a few years back?
                      Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                        Isn't this what happened to Mustaine a few years back?
                        Yeah kinda but I think his was supposedly a compression of the radial nerve. The good news is I started playing the guitar again trying to slowly ease back into it. It's pretty much been no guitar since October. But I can go 20 minutes to a half hour. It doesn't feel perfect but it's not making it worse. Hopefully I'll get back to normal but either way it's cool cause drummings been really fun.
                        http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

Working...
                        X