Happy Valentine's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mrs Tekky View Post
    So here's your reminder - do something sweet for your wife/girlfriend/lover/whoever today. It doesn't have to be expensive - creative and sweet work great. Just do something! Sometimes cute and sweet will get you more points than expensive and predictable.
    Why do we need to be reminded of this one commercially-exploited day? The other sweet and cute things we do throughout the year mean nothing? Bleh!
    Reminds me why I'm happily divorced and single. :ROTF:

I do hope you have a nice day, though.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I just got back from Condom Revolution with some new beads, and some pills that put extra lead in my pencil.
      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Happy Valentines indeed. http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/sea/274495936.html

Comment

Originally posted by Cybersavior View Post
          OMG, that rules!!! :ROTF:

Comment

I like that it turned out the father was some scumbag musician! Ha ha!
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

THERE HAD BETTER be more enjoyment for that posting. Come on X chromosome!

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/sea/274495936.html

Comment

ok, val. day is over anyways, did i mention that out of 75 people in my course i was the only one to get a certain "valentines day" gift if ya know what i'm saying.....life's good
                i mean, i wasn't any better....once again if ya know what i'm saying....

*end of stupid thread spammage*(no idiotic wording intented...yes, i've had a few too much....)

Comment

I think valentine`s day is boring..
                  And I don`t need a reminder that reminds me that I love someone...

so valentine`s for me = STUPID AND COMMERCIAL DAY!
                  Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

> Don't call a girl your girlfriend if all you do is getting jiggy with it..

hahahaha with "it"

"A woman is not an object!" -- "Your mother's right Chris, listen to what it says!"
                    "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                    The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Valentine's is only commercial because people make it commercial. There is no law that says you have to spend beaucoup bucks to show your love. And in all reality, it's not just about romantic love. It's a reminder to all those people who think they do so many great things for the people they care about, but really don't show it.

And no matter how much we all say that we are wonderful all year long and don't need a day shoved in our face to tell us to take time to tell people we care, we really do. How many people have actually said I love you to their significant other, children, parents, grandparents, etc?? Chances are most of us don't do it when we have the chance.

And I'm not just aiming at you guys - women are just as bad!

As for my V-day - I got spoiled as usual! Quiet night at home, good italian food, an adorable teddy bear, and tickets to Winger.

Comment

Wow! I got my valentine's gift a bit early this year - tickets to Ozzy Osbourne this summer
                        "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

I really wanted to wish my main girl a happy Valentines day, but I was too out of breath after inflating her; but she never buys me anything anyway.

Comment

ha ha.... go to the U.S. if you like very "inflated" girls

(sorry, just watched "supersize me" the other day )
                            "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                            The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

I had to go to work on Valentine's day from 2-10pm. Before work I ran to the store, bought a card and a chocolate rose with some small chocolate hearts in the box too. I fill out the card and leave it and the chocolates on the kitchen table so Kathy will find them when she gets home. A sure winner, right? Yeah right....

I was expecting her to call me to thank me while I was at work. I got a phone call. "Hi hon, thanks for the chocolates". I'm like "Oh, you're welcome hon. Happy Valentine's Day."

Then she asks, "Why does my Valentine card say 'Happy Valentine's Day Dad' ?"

I was like.................
                              Scott
                              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
                                I had to go to work on Valentine's day from 2-10pm. Before work I ran to the store, bought a card and a chocolate rose with some small chocolate hearts in the box too. I fill out the card and leave it and the chocolates on the kitchen table so Kathy will find them when she gets home. A sure winner, right? Yeah right....

I was expecting her to call me to thank me while I was at work. I got a phone call. "Hi hon, thanks for the chocolates". I'm like "Oh, you're welcome hon. Happy Valentine's Day."

Then she asks, "Why does my Valentine card say 'Happy Valentine's Day Dad' ?"

I was like.................
                                :ROTF: And the person at the store was probably wondering if you had a romantic evening planned with your dad.

Comment

Working...
                                X