Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People ask me why we put so much effort into Ride for Dime.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People ask me why we put so much effort into Ride for Dime.......

....and here's a great example why. Below is a story that was submitted at our forums for the Ride for Dime Philly Chapter message boards. http://www.ridefordimephilly.com/

Gary Hayes' Dimebag Story

In 2002 Ozzy played a festival here and Pantera was included. I met Darrell at a guitar shop in Antioch Tn, earlier that day. He was there just looking around as was I.We were all having fun talking and asking him questions, he patiently and knowingly explained everything we asked him. He was interested in everyone's music no matter what you played.

There was a young man there with his mother and he wanted to learn to begin playing metal music on guitar.
    He was picking out equipment and his mother was looking sick when she viewed the prices of equipment.
    Darrell gave the store clerk a blank check and told him to "Give him the works,and I'll fill it out"!
    Without blinking Dimebag spent over 1200 on a young man he never even knew.He paid for lessons for the child as well.

I'm glad I found your page you should be given great praise for what you have done.
    Everyone has their own style and passion, but in truth all forms of music are gifts from God.The precious talent that he gives us to entertain others, help them heal, help them realease anger,tears,and just have a damn good time.

It saddens my heart to know that a miserable motherfucker with no respect for life had the power to take away a talent that nobody else will ever be able to immitate. he has no idea the hurt he caused so many people worldwide.

Gary Hayes
    Adairville KY
    Nashville Tn
    ....so yes we put a lot of time and effort in for this benefit concert/fundraiser without looking for paybacks in return because Dime set a great example for all of us in his every day life. It isn't just in music that he made an impact on so many around the world....he was a generous great dude who can never be replaced.

R.I.P. Dime
    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Wow!
    RIP Dime.

Comment

Very nice, and what a good cause as well. Keep up the good work.
      Just one more guitar!

Comment

Yeah Dime was always good to fans...

Rest In Peace Brother
        Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Comment

That is a great story... RIP

Comment

Dime was the shit. What a fuckin' bummer...still.
              Hear the universe scream
              Bleeding from black holes
              Whom horns careless
              And whom God mourns

Comment

Never liked Pantera much, but you have to respect Dime for being an all-around nice guy.
                Scott

Comment

I have a good buddy that got the opportunity to hangout/drink with Dime a cpl years back after a show, he then gave Dime his number! Needless to say, Dime did call him the next day on his cell, and left him a cool/lengthy message! To this day he still has the message saved on his phone! Pretty fucking cool I think!

R.I.P Dime
                  I love admins!

Comment

Well, I love Dimebag too! but guitarworld had posted the same story but in a different version. A youngster came with his father to the music store where dimebag was signing autographs. Dimebag asked the boy about his interests and then talked to the father. The father could not buy a guitar for his son because he was in between jobs and his finances weren't good. Rest is history... dimebag gets the boy a guitar that he wants and stuff. Now, I dont know which story to believe!
                    Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                      Well, I love Dimebag too! but guitarworld had posted the same story but in a different version. A youngster came with his father to the music store where dimebag was signing autographs. Dimebag asked the boy about his interests and then talked to the father. The father could not buy a guitar for his son because he was in between jobs and his finances weren't good. Rest is history... dimebag gets the boy a guitar that he wants and stuff. Now, I dont know which story to believe!
                      believe both....
                      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                        I'm sure Dime did stuff like enough times for one to loose count. He was that kind of guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                          Never liked Pantera much, but you have to respect Dime for being an all-around nice guy.
                          +1
                          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Dime was one of a kind. Never be another like him...
                            I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

That isn't the only story about Dime's kindness. Bad Ass Metal Rocker with a Heart of Gold. Cheers Dime!

Comment

Working...
                              X