Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gene Hoglan to do drums on Dethklok(Metalocalypse) album!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuck Dethkok. Gene needs to get Dark Angel back together!
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      Fuck Dethkok. Gene needs to get Dark Angel back together!
      Agreed. Kinda tough, though, with no original members and all.

Comment

That sounds killer, can't wait for the album actually. A friend of mine did meet Richard Christy a few years back, a week before he started doing Stern's show, and he said it was a money issue as well as other things why he's not doing metal anymore. Unfortunatly it's a real concern with this industry, great talents don't have health insurance and/or don't get paid enough to support a family or themselves sometimes. I worked with Alex from Immolation (former drummer) on 48th Street in NY for awhile which blew my mind because I saw him on their DVD live in France I believe it was a few weeks back. I think now he's a mechanic making good money, so good for him.

But Gene's a killer drummer, I actually wouldn't want him in Slayer though. I heard with the making of their last album, it was pretty much Kerry and Jeff writing everything, with very little creative input from the other guys. So to have such a great talent like him not being able to be used to his full potental would suck (kinda like Lombardo on the new album anyway)

Comment

Originally posted by IrfaanSE801 View Post

But Gene's a killer drummer, I actually wouldn't want him in Slayer though. I heard with the making of their last album, it was pretty much Kerry and Jeff writing everything, with very little creative input from the other guys. So to have such a great talent like him not being able to be used to his full potental would suck (kinda like Lombardo on the new album anyway)
          Well it seems that Slayer always lets the drummer do what he wants/can! It's obvious by what they write! However Gene woulda sounded better with them than SYL for sure! SYL just sucks!!
          I love admins!

Comment

Working...
          X