Married after 16 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Married after 16 years

I got married this past weekend to the girl I've been with since I was 16 years old.

I thought it wouldn't matter, but things feel different. A better different. Pretty cool that I found my soulmate right out of the gate.

Just thought I would share.

Thanks and now I'm off to do "honey do's".

Very cool man, congrats to you both!

Comment

Congrats Man

Comment

That is fantastic! Congrats! I was 17 when I met my fiance. We're still together, even though I'm still only 20 I predict nothing but happiness for the future. People have gotten married after being together less time than we have. It's a serious thing and I'm glad you have stuck together for all these years! That's definitely worth fighting for. Cheers dude
        "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Oh, and should I say..
          "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

very cool, congrats, it's good to hear stuff like this -
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Congrats! My wife & I were together for 11 years before we made it official. Just like you, we both figured it wouldn't be any different, but we agree it is a little different, in a good way. Here's to many more happy years together!

Comment

Congrats.
                Wife and I have been together for 16 years... married for 11 of those years next month.
                -Rick

Comment

Congratulations mate. I met my wife when I was 18 at uni, married at 26 and haven't looked back. Funny thing was , I had to make a decision early in the relationship- i.e. go for it for life or forget it. Just stick to it!

Comment

Congrats ...
                    (I HAVE TO DO IT!!!)
                    Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Congratulations, you really are a lucky man to have found your dreamgirl first time out! Hope to see you posting on your 50th anniversary!
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

if I had my life to this point to live over again, I would
                        - not get married ever (there is zero benefit to the man - zero)
                        - never have any serious relationships until 25 or older
                        - listen to Tom Leykis' radio show about all this stuff from a young age so I wouldn't make again the mistakes I've already made.
                        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

A joke in your honor, SPD:

A FAIRY TALE

A married couple in their 60's was celebrating their 35th wedding
                          anniversary in a quiet, romantic little restaurant.

Suddenly, a tiny yet beautiful fairy appeared on their table saying:

"For being such an exemplary married couple and for being loving to
                          each other for all this time, I will grant you each a wish."

The wife said: "Oh, I want to travel around the world with my
                          darling husband."

The fairy waved her magic wand and * POOF! * two tickets for the
                          Queen Mary II appeared in her hands.

The husband thought for a moment: "Well, this is all very romantic,
                          but an opportunity like this will never come again. I'm sorry my
                          love, but my wish is to have a wife 30 years younger than me."

The wife and the fairy were deeply disappointed, but a wish is a wish.

The fairy waved her magic wand and *POOF!* the husband became 92
                          years old.
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Congratulations!

There's been alot of depressing threads lately about how bad marriage can suck, but there are those of us who are lucky and actually enjoy it. Been married 13 years. Lots of ups and downs, but if you guys have already been together 16 years, you're in good shape.

Comment

Congrats man, Hope I can find someone for me too.

Comment

Working...
                              X