Ferrets and other beasts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferrets and other beasts.

There are a very few things that piss me off. But the one that really gets my goat are people who think it is OK to bring pets with them when they shop. Today, while I was in a thriftstore I heard a bell tinkling. Turns out this lady had a ferret on the end of a 7 foot leash. The little weasel was all hyper. I just don't understand people who think they are somehow "Cool" when they bring in their small dogs in their arms, big dogs on a leash or birds on their shoulders into a business establishment. Leave the pets at home. As for the ferret, she was talking to it as if it cared. It's a slow news day.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

I like ferrets. Too bad they smell.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
      Turns out this lady had a ferret on the end of a 7 foot leash. .
      I wish some people would put their kids on leashes Hey if its not hurtin anything who friggin cares if shes got a rodent tethered to her besides most stores don't allow animals except assistance animals(seeing eye dogs,,etc)
      I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

My mom had my brother and I on leashes when we were kids.
        I think she had them on us to pull her up the hill by our house
        when she would go shopping.
        :ROTF:

Comment

Dude, ferrets aren't rodents.

Comment

My wife and I have 2 ferrets. A pet on a leash is better then kids running around. except when they shit in the store.
            I just don't understand people who think they are somehow "Cool" when they bring in their small dogs in their arms, big dogs on a leash or birds on their shoulders into a business establishment.
            Paris Hilton, it's all her fault!

Comment

A friend of mine has 7 ferrets.. they smell so bad.. I think she's turning into a ferret herself too.. she's got hair growing on her back.. rather nasty looking haha.
              "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                Dude, ferrets aren't rodents.
                According to Wikipedia you are correct, they're not rodents , Actually a friend of mine had one as a pet and it was pretty cool

Wikipedia
                In general use, a ferret is a domestic ferret (Mustela putorius furo). Several other small, elongated carnivorous mammals belonging to the family Mustelidae also have the word "ferret" in their common names, including the endangered black-footed ferret, but in common use, a "ferret" is a domesticated ferret.
                Contrary to popular belief, ferrets are not rodents, but members of the mustelid family, which also includes weasels, stoats, and martens.
                I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Yeah, they are cool. They don't have big gnawing teeth like rodents, but they have nasty sharp pointy fangs like a cat, dog, or other carnivore. Weirdly enough, ferrets just LOVE ice cream.

Comment

I dont mind ferrets. They remind me of cats. I used to carry my gerbil around in my pocket when I went out. Does that count?
                    Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

I used to have a ferret it was pretty cool. It would jump around when it would run and play. It loved to swim in the bathtub when it got a bath. It would bite onto my socks and let me drag it around. I swore it didn't have any bones because it looked like a ragdoll.

Comment

Originally posted by FusionFarmer View Post
                        According to Wikipedia you are correct, they're not rodents , Actually a friend of mine had one as a pet and it was pretty cool

Wikipedia
                        In general use, a ferret is a domestic ferret (Mustela putorius furo). Several other small, elongated carnivorous mammals belonging to the family Mustelidae also have the word "ferret" in their common names, including the endangered black-footed ferret, but in common use, a "ferret" is a domesticated ferret.
                        Contrary to popular belief, ferrets are not rodents, but members of the mustelid family, which also includes weasels, stoats, and martens.
                        Not mention in the same family as the more commonly known Skunk and Otter family. I had 3 Ferrets and they didnt smell at all. They were desented (as they hve to be by law) and fed them the same high quality high protien cat food i feed my cats. I've notice in my experiences in working in several pet stores and with my own ferrets. If you feed them the Billjack or Marshall ferret food they tend to stink from the molasses in the food. They can get the same quality diet if notbetter by feeding them a high protein cat or kitten food and suplimenting their diet with treats and vitamins. My Ferrets lived almost 9 years each. However thier poop does stink.. lol
                        Gil

Comment

I don't care whether you make coats out of them. People that take their exotic pets out in public drive me nuts.
                          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by Ripley7t View Post
                            I dont mind ferrets. They remind me of cats. I used to carry my gerbil around in my pocket when I went out. Does that count?

Just so long as you didn't wrap it in duct tape.

chuck
                            "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Growing up, my aunt had a few ferrets in her backyard. Those damn things stunk like nobody's business.

Comment

Working...
                              X