Making Stock Car Racing exciting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making Stock Car Racing exciting.

Here's my plan on a 200 lap race with 42 cars. After 50 laps the bottom 7 cars are "OUT". After 100 laps, the next 7 are "OUT". After 150 laps, the next 7 are "OUT". Then you have 21 cars that can race. Thin the herd, I say.:ROTF: Let the guys that are "Out" think about all the traffic jams they cause. Not to mention the hazzard. The first 150 laps wouldn't be boring anymore.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

The only interesting stock car race I've seen was when they ran Winston Cup cars at Laguna Seca 6 or 7 years ago. It was a whole new world for those guys when they had to accelerate, break, and negotiate all kinds of turns and elevation changes OUTSIDE of the pit lane.

Comment

NASCAR cars on a road course... do those guys even know how to turn right.

I like your idea Fett... thin the herd and get the slow ones off the track.
      -Rick

Comment

Here's how to make it more exciting for real. Make the track turn left AND right. Make the cars open wheel. Have engines that rev to 18,000 RPM, and put out over 800 BPH. Give the cars ridiculous amounts of aero and downforce.

Oh wait, it's called Formula 1
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

The best way to make it more exciting is to cut out this restrictor plate bullshit and let them go as fast as their team can build a car, like they did back in the day. All of these efforts to make the cars as close to one another as possible goes against the grain of the whole sport. It will only get worse if they make them all drive the "car of tomorrow". There's nothing stock left about stock car racing.

Comment

Originally posted by circle of the tyrants View Post
            The best way to make it more exciting is to cut out this restrictor plate bullshit and let them go as fast as their team can build a car, like they did back in the day. All of these efforts to make the cars as close to one another as possible goes against the grain of the whole sport. It will only get worse if they make them all drive the "car of tomorrow". There's nothing stock left about stock car racing.
            But if they did it you way only the teams with the most sponsor money would win.

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
              Here's how to make it more exciting for real. Make the track turn left AND right. Make the cars open wheel. Have engines that rev to 18,000 RPM, and put out over 800 BPH. Give the cars ridiculous amounts of aero and downforce.

Oh wait, it's called Formula 1
              the only thing exciting about F1 is the start,then it turns into a snooze fest,TOCA style racing is the best ,standing start and beating and banging till the end,it just doesn't get the coverage in North America,like it does in the European countries on TV

Nascar been doing Elevated Road Courses for years now,Riverside,Infineon (Sears Point) and Walkins Glen
              http://www.myspace.com/deadsoldier2

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                But if they did it you way only the teams with the most sponsor money would win.

Thats how the NY Yankees do it........................
                Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Actually some tracks such as Richmond, The two road course races, Indy, and Phoenix, are usually good races, tracks where the drivers skill determines the outcome more than on the big tracks, or the demolition derby short tracks.
                  They ony use restrictor places in 4 races, at Daytona and Talladega, they will never do anything as far as reducing the number of cars on the track, the whole idea behind Nascars "rules" is to keep as many cars as possible in contention so the sponsors will get return from their investment and keep pumping money into their "show"
                  I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Originally posted by TreeFitty View Post
                    The only interesting stock car race I've seen was when they ran Winston Cup cars at Laguna Seca 6 or 7 years ago. It was a whole new world for those guys when they had to accelerate, break, and negotiate all kinds of turns and elevation changes OUTSIDE of the pit lane.
                    Nascar does have road courses and they are fun to watch, for sure.

Comment

If you like to watch road course racing .You have to check the Australian V8 Supercars.The competition is fierce . The beat and bang on each , 3 wide in the corners.The cool thing is usually not a run away there seems to be more than one car that could win.You can find it on the speedchannel but thy air weird times. http://www.speedtv.com/programs/85/ http://www.v8supercar.com.au/

They run 5.0L that based around Cup motors but run EFI instead of carbs.
                      Mike
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------
                      SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Here's a suggestion -

Make the course turn both ways, and let the engines rev to 18,000, just like Zeegs said. BUT make the cars narrower and more manouverable, by losing most of the chassis, all of the body and two of the wheels.

Comment

I got an even better idea. Run half the cars in the opposite direction. Now that would be exciting.
                          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I wish they would go back to using something more resembling real cars. Not only would there be more give and take from season to season, but it would sure make the manufacturers build more RWD V8 cars. I say real "stock cars" modified for safety and and souped-up a bit, I'd actually watch that. Even at the drag strip; I'm much more entertained watching "real cars" run, albeit more slowly, than the super high-dollar purpose-built machines.

Or maybe big money figure-eight racing... maybe with some jumps... LMAO
                            |My CSG gallery|
                            (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Most curcuit courses and most ovals were made when cars went a lot slower. It was more like a very fast romp. There was time to pass. That was great. Now, all the cars are faster than the track. The only exceptions are the "Super Speedways". Here is a case where the track is faster than the cars and they should let them go 200MPH or faster. And they should let them field any damn thing they want. This whole thing about having homowhatever cars is just stupid. It started when they disallowed the "Hemi". Areodynamics should be left up to whatever they can create. Watching NASCAR is like going to the supermarket and looking a shelf of LUNCHABLES.
                              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Working...
                              X