Pissed off #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pissed off #2

I am on a This, by far, gets my panties in a wad. I live in the Seattle area. And it does get cold. Not Buffalo cold, but cold. I have my daily rounds to the thrift stores. I usually get there about 5 minutes before they open. There are, at least, 3 cars with people in them letting their engines run so they can keep warm. Just sitting there letting their cars idle and polluting the air for no fukking reason. They are so stupid that they don't realize that you can turn the engine off, click to ACC, leave the heater fan on and stay warm. It just drives me nuts. If I am going to pollute the air I want to be moving.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

With the cost of gas being what it is that just makes it that more stupid. I agree with the polution in motion notion. I hate sitting in traffic wasting gas, that makes me so pist.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
      They are so stupid that they don't realize that you can turn the engine off, click to ACC, leave the heater fan on and stay warm.
      Hate to break it to ya man, but without the engine running, the water pump will not circulate coolant through the heater core and youll run out of heat within 30 seconds if that.
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

If you run your accessory fan with the engine off it runs your battery down. It takes more cranking power when it's cold and you don't want to come out with your thrift store score only to spend the savings calling a towtruck!
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

that pales to the pollution caused by traffic we have in the seattle area. by the time they finish road construction to ease traffic, it is already obsolete and traffic is just as bad. 520 floating bridge for us on the eastside is a joke to get to seattle and back. but no, they want to spend billions for the water front tunnel to make the view pretty from downtown instead of a new bridge.
          ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Not for 5 minutes. And try this at home. Drive around awhile to let you car warm up. Turn off the engine. Go to ACC and there is so much warm coolant still there to keep you toastie for "5 fukking minutes". I can drive from my trailer to Albertson's in about 5 minutes. I have left my headlights on for more than 5 minutes with the engine off. Is that more of a drain on the battery than the heater fan?
            Last edited by fett; 02-20-2007, 05:18 PM.

Comment

My car stops giving me heat like 30 seconds after I turn the engine off.

Comment

Originally posted by Argos View Post
                My car stops giving me heat like 30 seconds after I turn the engine off.
                That's because you don't go to ACC and let the heater run. I don't care weather I am wrong. It still pisses me off.

Comment

get over it Fett ;0 why dont you walk around to these places instead polluting the air by driving to them?
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                    get over it Fett ;0 why dont you walk around to these places instead polluting the air by driving to them?
                    Good point. Once the weather warms up, I plan to park my van at a supermarket lot and walk the 2 miles up and down the road that hits 3 thrift stores and a pawnshop.

Comment

Fett, just put on you Viking jacket and get a bike with a basket on it. and don't forget to wear your helmet

...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Originally posted by ABSOLUT CHARVEL View Post
                        Fett, just put on you Viking jacket and get a bike with a basket on it. and don't forget to wear your helmet

http://cgi.ebay.com/Viking-Pirate-Sk...em270091853680
                        Done and done. Thanks.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                          Not for 5 minutes. And try this at home. Drive around awhile to let you car warm up. Turn off the engine. Go to ACC and there is so much warm coolant still there to keep you toastie for "5 fukking minutes". I can drive from my trailer to Albertson's in about 5 minutes. I have left my headlights on for more than 5 minutes with the engine off. Is that more of a drain on the battery than the heater fan?
                          Yeah, a fan motor will draw more power than headlights since it's moving parts.

You can drive to albertson's in 5 minutes? JEFF Albertson's? :ROTF: How 'bout driving by and tossing a brick through the front window then?

Just kidding! I only advocate symbolic or imaginary drive-by window breaking!
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: That's not very nice. I stay away from those very interesting to read threads. BTW. It's No 2 because that Albertson has cheap meat. And the money I save keeps me in Squiers.
                            Last edited by fett; 02-20-2007, 06:55 PM.

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/gp/music/wma-pop-up/B000002GBW001003/ref=mu_sam_wma_001_003/103-6031693-1404613

sorry fettster, just a joke
                              I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Working...
                              X