Busted Ribs....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Busted Ribs....

Havent been on the forum for a couple weeks. Anyone who has tried to get in touch with me, I apologize.....

Two weeks ago I slipped and fell in the bathroom. My left side caught the corner of the countertop. I weight 250lbs, so all of my weight came down on the two lowest connected ribs. Not the floating ones...but unfortunately, they are floating now. Hurts to breath...hurts to sit, really hurts to lay down. So if I can learn to sleep standing up, while holding my breath for a few hours...I'll be good. If I move just right you can hear then grind, then "snap". Doc says it's common for ribs not to mend properly due to constant movement from breathing....It sucks getting old!

GruntinDoug
    >>--HuntinDoug-->

Man, that sucks. Hope you get better soon man. Can you play still?
    My Main Rig:
    '87 Charvel Model 4A
    Peavey KB100 amp
    Ibanez SM7 Smashbox

Others:
    '92 Gibson Les Paul Custom
    '05 Ibanez RG320FM
    '86 Ovation Pinnacle
    '98 Synsonics Custom Strat
    '89 Kramer 700ST Bass

Comment

Man Doug that BLOWS! I havent heard from you in a while, I wondered what was up, plus your site was down as well...

Hope you heal up soon dude and if you need anything, give me a shout!

Comment

Man that is horrible sorry bro.
        I keep the bible in a pool of blood
        So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Sorry to hear that Doug. Prayers for ya
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

that really sucks. it's one of those things you can't do much about like a broke toe. except a toe dont hurt when you go to take a dump!
            ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Damn Doug, sorry to hear bro. Hope all is well soon

Comment

Man... sorry to hear that. I hope the pain settles soon.

-Nate
                Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

sorry man, I used to return punts and kickoffs in high school and i've cracked , and busted my ribs. It hurts like hell when you breath, nice situation huh? Hope you heal quickly.
                  Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I see a "fractured rib" inlay in the near future?

j/k bro, I know that hurts like hell, hope it heals up soon.
                    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Doug ..Oh I hear you on the getting old part..Oh Boy do I!!

I'm sorry bro, I hope your not in a lot of pain..I also know what that's like..it sucks!

I hope you'll heal up fast man!!

Take care man!!

"Fractured rib"..ya silly..

Take care Doug!!

Bill Z
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Heal up bro!

Comment

been there done that...well not from falling in the bathroom but from hockey. Never knew a sneeze or cuogh could be so damn painful until I had cracked ribs.

It takes time some time to heal, hang in there it will gradually get better
                          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Sorry to hear that Doug. Prayers for ya
                            Hope you're gettin paid time off work. Weather up there probably aint helpin' matters much. Best wishes dude, get well soon.
                            "tie two birds together and though they have four wings, they cannot fly"

Comment

Hope you feel better soon Doug. Back in '87 I wrapped my Kawasaki around a telephone pole leaving me with 6 ribs broken twice = 12 rib fractures !! Holy crap ... PAIN !!!! So I know what you're feeling. All things must pass, you'll be alright. Be strong.

Comment

Working...
                              X