Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by finnman View Post
    Finn, you look a lot like Bill Shatner. :ROTF:
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yea, well, you look like...........

Comment

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by finnman View Post
          Yea, well, you look like...........

Damn, I do look like Radar! :ROTF:
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by delt View Post
            ^ Reading what i just posted, it reminds me of a song by Chris de Burgh, called "A space man came travelling".... anyone heard this song?
            Oh yeah, EVERY fucking Christmas, from about October. It does my loaf in. Oh well, only another 8 months before it is being played over shop tannoys again.
            So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

It went Laaaa Lala-La Lala-La Lala-la.....

Comment

Bollocks! I've got that bloody tune stuck in my head now....

Comment

and it's in D minor if i remember, if that helps any
                  "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                  The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Comment

I was driving out to pick up my wife, then she was my girlfriend. I was a long a semi-rural stretch of hwy south of Downtown Dallas called Hwy 175. There is a about 2 2 mile stretch that has no buildings, just a boat graveyard where there used to be water I guess. Anyway, as I was driving along I noticed what i thought was an airplane coming towrds me from the southeast. As it got closer I noticed it had strange light pattern on the nose...sort of like the pulsing light on the fron end of the Knight rider car, but it was white. I would say it was flying low like a helicopter and as it got within about 100 yards from me, my car just died and i don't mean the motor...the entire car went dead..electrical, motor...everything. I coasted on to the shoulder and got out. Id din't make a connection, but as i was about to pop the hood I looked up and saw this cluster of lights with no visible shape just hovering over me...the lights weren't super bright, but light enough to be seen where I was standing. I jsut stared at them for about 5 minutes, then they started moving back south and as they faded into the dark sky, my car headlights came back on. I got back in the car, it started right up and then I went to pick up my girlfriend. I never told anyone except her. When I got there I told her what had happened and that I was sorry i was late. I won't say that what I saw was a UFO, but it sure was strange.

I still think about that night everytime i drive on that little stretch of road, but ya know what....I was never scared, just curious.

Comment

For a really good read on this subject, plus a few others like ghosts and zombies, check out Weird Science by Michael White.

So since everybody is posting about a few serious sightings they've had, check this one out...about two years ago, I was coming home from band practice on night. I was headed west on the 202 Freeway in metro Phoenix, coming up on the downtown Tempe area.

I saw about 10 white lights flying in a perfect line with each other, precisely spaced an equal distance apart. They appeared to be hovering. All I could think about was The Phoenix Lights!

And I just happened to have my little Canon digital camera with me. I turned it on, rolled down my windown and aimed...just then, I was a lot closer to the lights.

But guess what? They were warning lights on one of those super-huge construction cranes! Damn, I had a pretty good laugh at myself...

Comment

Originally posted by atilla View Post
                          And I just happened to have my little Canon digital camera with me. I turned it on, rolled down my windown and aimed...just then, I was a lot closer to the lights.

But guess what? They were warning lights on one of those super-huge construction cranes! Damn, I had a pretty good laugh at myself...
                          I don't believe you. Pics of the crane, please.

Comment

the crane was not of this earth...little green dudes brought it with them for a gazillion light years away
                            shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                              the crane was not of this earth...little green dudes brought it with them for a gazillion light years away
                              So THAT'S how they were able to lift the giant blocks to construct the Pyramids.

Comment

Originally posted by livebiz View Post
                                It doesn't matter what the energy source is, its the amount of energy required to accelerate a mass (btw, mass increases with acceleration and would be infinite at the speed of light) to speeds approaching the speed of light that makes interstellar travel so unlikely, let alone the theoretical impossibility of exceeding it. Also, I'm only referring to what I've read about physics, so by "mysterious", I can only assume you mean the work of the most brilliant physicists of the past decades is somehow "mysterious".

I also didn't realize emoticons make arguments stronger so for extra weight to E=mc^2 -:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

Yet again you are assuming that Earth has the highest intellect, and that our "Physics Theories" are in fact Universal Law. They are not.

We are held back from interstellar travel by our limited intelligence and our attempt to make the Universe conform to that limited intelligence.
                                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                                X