No announcement yet.

Has anyone caught a pick at a concert?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have one of Jason Newstead's picks which I caught at LA Coliseum M.O.R in 1988 (I think). I'd just helped demolish the fence that separated the stands from the floor of the arena, and stormed through into the crowd at the front.

Also handed picks by Tom Araya and Kerry King back in 1987 for my non-stop mental antics.

Various drum sticks, which I snatched in flight and was not going to let go. Plus one or two that other people had grabbed first, only to have me land on them milliseconds later and relieve them of it.

Eeeh, I was a bad lad. Probably why I feel so burned out now.

Funniest thing I have seen was some hopeless support band, whose name escapes me, guitarist flung a pick at the front row. In between songs (during the stoney silence and folded arms), a mystically illuminated hand extended from the crowd at the front, bearing the bright orange pick. A loud voice proclaimed
    "Here y'are mate, you dropped this" and in one fluid movement flicked the pick right back at the guitarist, hitting him right between the eyes on the bridge of his nose, in glorious slow-motion. It got the biggest cheer of the night.
    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Lesse caught

Gene Simmons pick
      Pick from the dude in Saigon Kick
      Drumstick from Paul Geary of Extreme on the 3 sides tour
      Drumstick from Peter Criss ...
      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I have a couple of good pic stories...

First was Metallica on the "Justice" tour. They played in Ames, Iowa with The Cult opening. I had floor tickets but pushed my way up to the front. I was the only long haired dude in the front row. All the rest were big jocks and whatnot. So the guys see that I'm the only dude with long hair so I got 3 Hetfield pics, 1 Kirk pic, 1 Jason pic, 1 Lars drumstick, and 1 beer all handed to me...

The next one was when KISS played in Cedar Rapids on the "Psycho Circus" tour. I caught a pic thrown from Gene right after his bass solo. Half is stained with "blood". Then I was up front and Paul Stanley put a pic in his mouth and spit it out. It landed on my forearm and the Stanley Spit made it stick right there. I pocketed it and looked up in time to get a "thumbs up" from Stanley himself...
        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Iron Maiden - Dave Murray Pick
          I was well chuffed to get that. I saw it come down near me and then I couldnt see it on the floor. Everyone was scrambling but then gave up eventually. Then my mate started to move from where we were and it was under his foot so I grabbed it pronto! He was gutted

Also got a Dragonforce Herman Li pick. I have a few other plain ones but i cant remember who Iv got them from now!
          If you wake up in the morning, it's because Jack Bauer spared your life.

Comment

I got one handed to me by Hammett...kinda slapped it into my hand. Same show my buddy caught one from Billy Duffy of The Cult. He was a drummer so he gave it to me...lol.

Comment

I have some...but, I always know some people that can go to the back or get myself into the backstage...so I get most of them so..-
              Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

I got a lot of picks from Dutch bands.. Epica for example.

I caught a cool white Malmsteen plectrum maybe not that special since he throws 50 in the crowd every song.. but I'm still glad to have it.
                "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Well, finally caught one! Though it's from Trivium, so I'm assuming the majority of you would have thrown it back!
                  If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

I got quite a few ( some of which you will laugh at):
                    Brent Muscat-Faster Pussycat
                    PJ Farley-Trixter
                    ???-guitar player from Jackyl
                    Ritchie Kotzen-Poison
                    Ted Nugent-Damn Yankees
                    Kirk Hammett-Metallica

Comment

I got a Ynwie pick after a gig in the late 80's. I was in the balcony for the gig and failed to get one of the picks that were being thrown out by the cup load (there was a roadie who actually had plastic cups full of them to throw to the crowd) but got one from him on the tour bus after the show. He had a blond on one arm, a bottle of whiskey in the other and was absolutley rat arsed.
                      Best thing I got was the set list for Kings X which I nabbed off the stage.

Comment

one from Jake E Lee-Ultimate sin tour...later stolen by a "friend" during a small party at my trailer
                        one from Faster Pussycat-don't know the axemans name. still have it.
                        stolen Jake pick still pisses me off
                        also stolen by a "friend" planters peanut jar with 150+ concert ticket stubs...all my stubs from all the shows I went to. Now have a dozen or so from later concerts.
                        Some poser fuck probably displays them proudly as if they were theirs.
                        Just curious...what ARE friends for?
                        "tie two birds together and though they have four wings, they cannot fly"

Comment

Well the obligatory Malmsteen picks from a concert in Cardiff (he does throw out a lot so I'd hardly think they were rare), an Anthrax sticker form another gig in Cardiff they threw a load out of a window to the crowd gathered below. I think it was prompted by the crowd singing "Cookie is a wanker!" over and over to a bloke named Cookie who had climbed one of the lamposts.

I have a drumstick from White Lion caught in Wembley when they were supporting Motley Crue, and at the same gig Tommy Lee hit me on the head with another drumstick, which I didn't catch. I later passed out in the toilets, but I think that might have had more to do with the booze than the bang on the head, oh happy days.
                          Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

I got one from Helloween and one from a chick band ENVY
                            85 Jackson 87 model1 87 model6

Comment

never catched any, but I got some send to me from Duff (VR era) and CC

Comment

caught two from ace frehley on a solo tour just a few months before the reunion was announced.

sully
                                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                                Sully Guitars on Google+
                                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X