No announcement yet.

Has anyone caught a pick at a concert?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone caught a pick at a concert?

My friend has caught 3 picks at the past 3 concerts he's been too. I think it's kind of ridiculous considering how improbable it is since it's near impossible to see in the air. Anyone else catch any?
    If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

yea, I've got a couple at home. Although I think I only caught one, IIRC. The other was picked up off the floor after the crowd had dispersed. I'm not big on collecting that sort of thing, but it was still kinda neat
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Last pick I caught was back in 1985 at a Stryper concert.

Comment

Sort of. I got a pick from Piggy at a Voivod show back in 1990 or 91. I asked him for it though.
        THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

I caught a pick that Paul Stanley threw into the crowd at a KISS show back in '89 or so...
          Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

I've got about 15 to 20 picks from shows over the years. At one point I had over 25 Dave Mustaine picks from one show. The show was over and they threw everybody out. I knew the right people and was able to hang around for a few more hours, so I started walking the stageline and crowd floor. I found the 25 or so picks and about $40.
            My Toys:
            '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
            '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
            '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
            '94 Dinky HX in Black
            '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

I didn't catch it, but my wife picked one up from Joe Satriani off the ground. He had used it through most of the set and all of the guys standing in front were "too cool" to look for it.

Comment

No ..but Kirk Hammet and Jason Newstead gave me a handfull tho..I got one Kirk was playing for a while..the logo smeared off and it's all wavy..

Satch gave me a few too..but I gave him a badge.
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I've caught a few.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                    No ..but Kirk Hammet and Jason Newstead gave me a handfull tho..
                    But did you get a pick?

Satch gave me a few too..but I gave him a badge.
                    how many of those badges did you have?
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

I caught Reb Beach's and Steve Vai's picks. I've also caught drum sticks.
                      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I cauhgt Dave Weiner's pick and Jeremy Colson's drumstick at the Vai concert.

Actually I didn't catch the drumstick.Jeremy gave it to me by hand from the front row.
                        I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
                          I cauhgt Dave Weiner's pick and Jeremy Colson's drumstick at the Vai concert.

Actually I didn't catch the drumstick.Jeremy gave it to me by hand from the front row.
                          Hey, hey ... let's leave Dave's weiner outta this ... we're talkin' about picks !! Sheeeesh .....

I got one from Buck of Blue Oyster Cult when they opened for KISS in 1975 New Years Eve at the Coliseum on Long Island. I also have a pick from YJM that my friend gave me.

Comment

I have one from Warren DeMartini, 2 from Trey Anastasio and used to have a few from from Metallica.

Comment

I caught EVH's pick, the rest I picked up off of the floor.
                              I have one from Joe Holmes (he didn't last very long w/ Ozzy)
                              Dave Mustaine
                              Johnny Cash
                              Suffocation
                              B.B. King
                              Damage Plan (not Dime, the bass player)
                              That's all I can think of right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X