I hate Supertramp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Accept2 View Post
    I used to think Supertramp sucked, and were ghey. Then bands like Ratt, Warrant and Poison started to come out, and Supertramp didnt seem so bad in comparison. In fact glam brought out a whole new level of gheyness that made bands like Supertramp seem almost manly. Thankfully the world was eventually saved by Slayer, Metallica, and Destruction................
    You left out Angel and Cinderfella...course, lest you not forget the video of "we're not going to take it" .. another MTV anthem.

Comment

Yep, definitely musical. I used to like it. Can't hardly stand it these days tho... Classic rock radio overplayed it all so much I can hardly stomach most Led Zeppelin anymore except the obscure stuff.

I've always hated Geddi Lee really tho. Cept All the World is a Stage era I spose. Even that is done for me now.

YetI like King Diamond. Odd...

Comment

Geddy was definitely an aquired taste. They did so many things that were conceptually & instrumentally hip that one could overlook that.
        He toned it down alot like on New World Man.

Comment

Originally posted by Accept2 View Post
          I used to think Supertramp sucked, and were ghey. Then bands like Ratt, Warrant and Poison started to come out, and Supertramp didnt seem so bad in comparison. In fact glam brought out a whole new level of gheyness that made bands like Supertramp seem almost manly. Thankfully the world was eventually saved by Slayer, Metallica, and Destruction................
          ghey is the wrong word concidering how much un-ghey action happened with those bands in backstage
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
            Yep, definitely musical. I used to like it. Can't hardly stand it these days tho... Classic rock radio overplayed it all so much I can hardly stomach most Led Zeppelin anymore except the obscure stuff.
            I hear ya. I want to stab my ears whenever Rock and Roll or Kashmir come on. I can still listen to Stairway though - that is such a great song.
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I don't listen to Iron Miaden anymore, but I can't say they suck just because I got really tired of it. Zep is one of the few who I still listen to a lot because they sound fresh even today...the production and sound is awsome, the tunes and the vibe is amazing...
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I may be out on a limb here, but Styx is one my favorite AOR bands. Journey too. Just a bunch of great songs.

Endrik: totally agree with you on Maiden. I have three albums and that's more than enough. They lost their appeal around the Powerslave days.
                Scott

Comment

If I had to choose between my torment..Supertramps Bloody well right over my radio would still win over 95% of the rap I hear coming from the car next to me at a stoplight.

I had Coopers 'Greatest Hits' out the other day.. (it was very dusty)
                  what a bunch of classic tunes & timeless guitar playing..it still sounds fresh as when I bought it in the mid 70's.

Comment

The Absolute SUCKKIEST/FAGGY Band Of All Time

After reading the Supertramp thread, I thought it's important for us to all consider who the ABSOLUTE SUCKKIEST/ FAGGOTTY/MAKE YOU PUKE/ band that ever walked the earth.

Bay City Rollers?

Barry Manilow?

Captain & Tenneil?

The Hansons?

Air Supply?
                    God, I FKN HATE THEY GUYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????
                    Strat God Music
                    http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

Originally posted by Strat God View Post
                      After reading the Supertramp thread, I thought it's important for us to all consider who the ABSOLUTE SUCKKIEST/ FAGGOTTY/MAKE YOU PUKE/ band that ever walked the earth.

Bay City Rollers?

Barry Manilow?

Captain & Tenneil?

The Hansons?

Air Supply?
                      God, I FKN HATE THEY GUYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????
                      Good call on some, but I gotta take a couple off the list and add a couple.:ROTF:

1. Bay City Rollers - without a doubt...>S.a.t.u.r.d.a.y.................Night.

2. Manilow has to come of the list. He's a classic. Instead, add Nick Gilder with his Hot Child in the City.

3. Captain and Tennile. - Ok, they can stay, but they're really just bubblegum '70s crap. Harmless

4. Air Supply - I was forced to see them 8 months ago, and I gotta say, I wasn't looking forward to it, but left the show with a whole different perspective. They can rock if they want to. So, I say drop them off the list and add Prince, who probably spent half of the time at the Superbowl cornholing himself with that guitar that has no name. :ROTF:

5. Rush is good, but I agree that Geddy's voice is an acquired taste,........I just haven't acquired it yet.

..............ahh, there's a thousand of them.
                      Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Working...
                      X