i'm a reborn zeppelin fan...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'm a reborn zeppelin fan...

just playin rock 'n roll after watching jerry cantrell and heart cover it on crossroads...
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

starting thinking about how great they were, then came this question... i know it's been talked about before but, here goes... the greatest zeppelin tune is... _______

my vote goes to nobody's fault but mine...
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q9ZDOqStufI
    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
    Amp... Pioneer
    Effects... Boss ME-20

The Ocean is my favourite.

That being said I've been listening to Coverdale/Page album a lot lately. Amazing stuff.
    Also I really like Robert Plant's solos albums.
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Any of them.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

It would be impossible for me to pick one tune. I guess if someone held a gun to my head right now & made me pick one, I'd say Dazed & Confused. Tomorrow, I might say something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
          Any of them.
          Yeah, it's impossible to pick.
          If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

Great band!
            Love `em....Legends is not a word for them...
            Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

The more you listen to em the more you like em, It kills me when people put down Page's playing , saying he's sloppy etc, phenomenal guitarist IMO

I vote for Kashmir,
              Last edited by FusionFarmer; 03-04-2007, 01:13 PM.
              I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Page is one of the greatest electric blues guitarists ever. I think he is as good as Peter Green.
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

not to forget, Page's acoustic work is even more awesome

Comment

but his riffs are the most awsome
                    I don't know any other guitarist who has written so many legendary guitar riffs as Pagey.... a lot more than Keef, Blackmore, Iommi, Perry, VH etc.

Comment

man... they were just in another league... black sabbath, metallica... weren't even close. imo
                      Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                      Amp... Pioneer
                      Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Page rules...can live without Plant's attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by FusionFarmer View Post
                          It kills me when people put down Page's playing , saying he's sloppy etc, phenomenal guitarist IMO
                          Page was amazing in the studio, and one of my all time favorites.
                          the "sloppy" rep got going from the live shows in the later 70's when he was gacked out on H, his live play was not up to his standards.

Page was a genius. this is most evident in his acoustic stuff.
                          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Zeppelin was not the sort of music that required technical accuracy. It wasn't Music For Musicians.
                            While Clapton and Beck were focusing on accuracy, Page was letting the Rock And Roll fly, and who had the more successful band? Page.

Clapton and Beck will always be viewed as Gods in search of a band, but Page will always be remembered for being in a Band of Gods.

There's a big difference, and a very important one.

What was Beck's drummer's name again? And who played bass for Eric Clapton?

See what I mean?
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The thing that made Zep so great were the sum of the parts as a whole. Jones, Bonham, Page, and Plant were just such an awesome combination. As far as songs I would say just about anything off of HotH with No Quarter being close or at the top.

Comment

Working...
                              X