• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Newc View Post
    Any of them.
    Originally posted by followthereaper View Post
    Yeah, it's impossible to pick.
    +1

But if I did have to pick, I'd say Achilles Last Stand or Immigrant Song.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

What was Beck's drummer's name again?
      Terry Bozzio?

And who played bass for Eric Clapton?
      Jack Bruce? Nathan East?
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Thats so easy. The greates song ever written by Zeppelin is Stairway to Heaven. Its is probably the greatest rock song ever written.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
          Thats so easy. The greates song ever written by Zeppelin is Stairway to Heaven. Its is probably the greatest rock song ever written.
          you may be right, but that is the one Zep song I'll change as fast as i can when it is on the radio. It is up there with Free Bird in the " i have heard this too much in my life".

I have to go with Rock & Roll. or maybe Misty Mountain, or is it Black Dog? No, make that Immigrant Song!

who ever said you can't pick just one was right............
          ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
            Terry Bozzio?

Jack Bruce? Nathan East?

Wasn't she the singer in Missing persons?

I knew about Jack Bruce, but that's when they were in Cream. I'm talking about when Clapton had all those other bands - Derek And The Dominos, Blind Faith, and his solo career. You just never hear anything about the bands they were in, it's always Clapton this or Beck that.

I'm not saying they aren't good, but Led Zeppelin had that special chemistry that Beck and Clapton and tons of other "guitar gods" don't seem to have, yet here's poor old Page and his sloppy playing being all over the radio for 30 years.

That said, it's been almost a year since I've listened to any Led Zeppelin. Guess I heard enough
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
              Terry Bozzio?
              Wasn't she the singer in Missing persons?
              No, that was Dale. Terry was her husband. They're both kinda cute looking, though. :ROTF:
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                Page was amazing in the studio, and one of my all time favorites.
                the "sloppy" rep got going from the live shows in the later 70's when he was gacked out on H, his live play was not up to his standards.

Page was a genius. this is most evident in his acoustic stuff.
                Page is a genius. But, sometimes his live solos are like watching a guy fall down a flight of stairs and landing on his feet. The slop has always been there. He has good nights and bad nights. His playing has been slop ever since heroine took him. But, you know.... Like it has already been said, it really doesn't matter due to context of the music itself. BTW, I ain't knocken the guy at all, I think Page is a astounding player and his acoustic playing rules.

-Nate
                Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Since I've Been Lovin You from the song remains the same film always gives me chills, especially the last couple notes/bends Page gives in the intro just before the band kicks in!
                  "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Physical Graffitti and the all the albums bfore it are my favorite song-lol
                    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I used to have Favorite Zep Tunes, but I later realized that any time I had a fav, it was just one I hadn't heard in a while.

Comment

Zep is #1 in ALLTIME RECORD SALES.

They currently average 2000 units sold PER WEEK....after all these years.

"Over 25 years after disbanding in response to Bonham's 1980 death, Led Zeppelin continue to be held in high regard for their artistic achievements, commercial success, and broad influence, as is evident from their continual high album sales of more than 300 million albums worldwide,[2] including 109.5 million sales in the United States.[3] Led Zeppelin are ranked No. 1 on VH1's list of the 100 greatest artists of hard rock.[4]"

True Rock Gods Who Roam The Earth As We Speak.
                        Strat God Music
                        http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

Beatles is nr1. with 500 000 000
                          Elvis is nr.2 with a little bit less than 400 000 000
                          Zep is nr.3 with a little bit less than 350 000 000
                          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                            Beatles is nr1. with 500 000 000
                            Elvis is nr.2 with a little bit less than 400 000 000
                            Zep is nr.3 with a little bit less than 350 000 000
                            I was quoting Wikipedia - #1 ROCK band of all time- #4 total record sales all time.
                            Thanks for the conformation.
                            Strat God Music
                            http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

I was around when their first LP was issued. It was trully revolutionary. I saw them live at the Filmore West a little while later. They played all they had and that was that. It was a long time ago. But when they started "Dazed and Confused" and the "How Many More Times" it gives me chills just typing about it. My fav has to be "How Many More Times".
                              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Working...
                              X