Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sandbag View Post
    some people get it, some people don't
    I get perfectly well that they are stupid looking.
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
      I get perfectly well that they are stupid looking.
      I'm guessing you don't listen to death metal
      ----------
      Gear Action - Washburn Dime 2ST Pro, BC Rich NT Jr. V w/EMG, Dean DFH/CFH, Dean V-Coustic, Jackson USA KV2, Peavey 5150 II, Randall 412CXM, BBE 362 Sonic maximizer, Alesis 3630 noise gate

Comment

Originally posted by sandbag View Post
        I'm guessing you don't listen to death metal
        what has listening to death metal got to do with a dislike of illegible band logos? Enjoyment of the music doesn't go hand in hand with liking those goofy logos.

I actually thought those logos were more associated with black metal
        Hail yesterday

Comment

A large part of my clients call on me for logo design. I've designed a few band logos over the years. IMHO what a band needs is an easily recognizable "symbol" in their logo. This can incorporate letters, or just a graphic. Great examples of this are: KISS, The Stones (tongue), G. Dead (skull), Orgy, Korn, Alabama,...stuff like that. A good logo is one that you don't even need to read. The KISS logo is a great example of that.

Here is a simple logo I designed for a band I was in a few years back. We used the symbol with, and without the words in it...It worked great. It never hurts to have a touch of humor in there as well:

>>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by circle of the tyrants View Post

Comment

The best!

Comment

+1 on the Motorhead logo.
                  Pantera....simple and to the point.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I'll just list the ones I drew all over everything in high school. LOL

Thank you to all of those I have stolen bandwidth from.
                    |My CSG gallery|
                    (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Originally posted by HuntinDoug View Post
                      A large part of my clients call on me for logo design. I've designed a few band logos over the years. IMHO what a band needs is an easily recognizable "symbol" in their logo. This can incorporate letters, or just a graphic. Great examples of this are: KISS, The Stones (tongue), G. Dead (skull), Orgy, Korn, Alabama,...stuff like that. A good logo is one that you don't even need to read. The KISS logo is a great example of that.
                      Fuckin' A man.

People should understand more about the artistic quality in design. Good logos are cool, tasty and memoriable. All this weird underground metal stuff has become so ridiculous, there's nothing new about all those crappy and unreadable logos, clones of clones.

Oh I'll start a metal band, I'll make so fucking badass logo, It will be a bloody nail wich is going thru someones leg and the title of the band will be in tr00 goth font..... snoochie boochies
                      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Sepultura tribal S, is the coolest I think!
                        I love admins!

Comment

Endy, you know what's on my right arm don't ya? huge stones lips baby!!!!!
                          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                            Endy, you know what's on my right arm don't ya? huge stones lips baby!!!!!
                            ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

And of course, my new band:

Comment

and the best flyer ever:

Comment

Working...
                                X