No announcement yet.

RRHOF induction ceremony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the absence of most of Van Halen's founding members was downright sour. Eddie Van Halen, who went to rehab last week, was a no-show, as was his brother Alex. Former lead singer David Lee Roth, who sung such hits as "Jump" and "Panama," with the band, boycotted in a dispute over what song he would sing.

The only two who were present were Sammy Hagar and bassist Michael Anthony. Velvet Revolver performed two of the band's hits before Hagar and Anthony performed with the night's house band, led by Paul Shaffer.

Hagar said he wished his bandmates could be there, but "it's out of our control."

"It's hard for Mike and I to be up here to do this, but you couldn't have kept me away from this with a shotgun," Hagar said.
    ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Did anyone see Grand Master Flash?
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
        Did anyone see Grand Master Flash?
        Yeah I watched the whole show pretty much.

It was an odd thing to watch because, it was a "show", they had guys out in the beginning acting like they were shooting craps and then it went into some record spinning, then followed up by rapping with the records. The audience clearly did not seem to be into it. They are good at what they do, but it wasn't a rap crowd. I personally don't dislike rap just because it's not rock, but to me rap shows and performers are boring to watch because they just pace back and forth, well rapping, to a beat that sounded better when it was part of a rock song.
        Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Did they do New York, New York? That's a killer tune.

- Newc

Comment

yeah i was really disappointed by the VR performance. I mean come on, they do the one of the few VH songs without a solo and the vocals sounded awful.
            ----------
            Gear Action - Washburn Dime 2ST Pro, BC Rich NT Jr. V w/EMG, Dean DFH/CFH, Dean V-Coustic, Jackson USA KV2, Peavey 5150 II, Randall 412CXM, BBE 362 Sonic maximizer, Alesis 3630 noise gate

Comment

VR sucked some major ass. I dig alot of the stuff Slash has done, from GnR to Snakepit and even some of the VR stuff, but last night he just blew chunks. Why the fuck couldn't they have gotten the Atomic Punks to do this?

As far as the band member no shows, fuck em. They were given a huge honor and just put their egos ahead of their fans. They dont freaking deserve the honor. Ed and Dave have their heads buried so far up their asses they breath out farts nonstop. Kudos goes to both Sammy and Mike for showing. Those two still have some class. Kudos to Mike for throwing Gary Cherone a bone by saying that he was part of the family. I have nothing but distaste left for Ed, Alex and Dave.

chuck
              "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

http://spinner.aol.com/rockhall/2007-induction-ceremony

Geez VR was AWFUL. Slash sucks ass on this and Weiland makes me want to stab my ears.

Sammy, Michael Anthony, and Paul Shaffer and Co. blew too. Apparently they weren't all tuned to A440.

REM was waaaaay better.

Too bad Grand Master Flash didn't play with a real band - that's how they started. Man, they sucked too.

- Newc

Comment

Yeah, I watched that show live on the spinner aol thing. What a boring show. As much as I cant stand Patty Smith, I thought her performance was pretty decent, for what it was. I dont like REM but I guess they were ok. VR sucked and the whole VH thing blew nuts too. Al Sharpton can kiss my ass too.

Comment

Just watched it... I've heard plenty of garage bands that could have blown VR off the stage after that. Since I can't put it down to lack of ability, I can only assume it was lack of respect. Pathetic.

Same with the backing guys backing Sammy and Mike. Monster players sounding like rank amateurs. wtf
                    This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Working...
                    X