Selling Toys and Cards on eBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling Toys and Cards on eBay

I wasnt sure where to put this. As part of me trying to bring in money for my new guitar, I'm planning on selling some vintage star wars toys I have. They are played with, but in good shape and most have their accesories. Next I also have a ton fo sports cards I dotn car eabout anymore I want to sell. Now what should I put in my auction when selling these things as Im not sure what exactly I should put. also how much should I charge for shipping? And would it be easier just to sell it in lots? I'd also try to maybe sell soem Transformers and other collectibles too. Thanks
    Last edited by CharvelRocker; 03-13-2007, 06:51 PM.

Sell your stuff piece by piece if you want top dollar - selling in lots won't bring as much money. Lots of pics, a return policy and a top notch, professional description works better than "CRAP FOR SALE - NO ZERO FEEDBACK BIDDERS - NO RETURNS".

As for the cards, you might want to have a rating agency looks them/rate them/encapsulate in plastic on your better ones. The others -same as above - the more info/pics, the better....
    Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
      also how much should I charge for shipping?

What I do when I want to sell something on eBay, I look at other similar items that are already posted and then I get an idea of what to start the price at and what I should charge for shipping. I'll take the "average" of the shipping rates and use that as a guide as to how much I should charge.

Hope this helps!
      Guitars:
      Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
      1988 Model 2,
      Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
      RR3
      Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
      1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
      2005 SG Special

Comment

are you the 40 Year Old Virgin??

j/k man
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

With toys condition and age are everything. I have sold a lot of vintage slot cars and RC cars on ebay. The difference in price between a first run toy and later versions can be staggering. On any toy look for a date. Also make sure that if you say the toy is "Complete", it is. Toy collectors pay big bucks for "excellent" examples. I have had some MIB toys go for far more than I would ever imagine. So do you homework and good luck.
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Thanks for the help all.

Comment

DO YOUR RESEARCH

Look at completed auctions. See how much the stuff went for. See how much other people charged for shipping.

Sounds like you have some cool stuff. I have lots of toys too

If I was the 40 year old virgin, I'd have more guitars than fett by now damn kids are expensive. My daughter cost me a descent guitar every month on gymnastic lessons.

Comment

I did the family and I did being land rich and money poor. My wife died. My son is fine. So after 25 years of dealing with it and selling my estate in Marin. I can buy anything I want. Just as long as I can sell it for, at least, 5X my money.
                Last edited by fett; 03-14-2007, 08:55 PM.
                I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

You think guitar buyers are picky. "Collectible" buyers can be a real pain in the ass. Make sure you have complete pics and descriptions. Dont leave out any small details. My buddy sells sports cards and hes had his share of nuts. I would approach it just like you posted here. Youre just selling some stuff you have, youre not a dealer or collector and cant guarantee anything as mint, bid accordingly. No returns. Thats what I would do.

Comment

Working...
                  X