No announcement yet.

Dog & Cat Food Recall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I know is my dogs loved what I gave them and were healthy and didn't produce turds the size of baseball bats. It's all the grain that, the last time I checked, carnivores don't do do unless you feed them dry dog food.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Dogs love extruded beet pulp with grease on it, that don't mean it's good for em, haha... Half the crap I hear you eating ain't good for you either bro!

Nonetheless, It would likely be better than many commercially available foods I'm sure. Still far from ideal.

Comment

I just bought a $13 T-Bone for $3. If I still had my dog he would get the bone and be in 7th heaven. And then I would let him lick the pan. I really miss my dog. But that's another story.

Comment

What sucks is that before cooking, the bone was good nutrition for him. After cooking, reasonably dangerous and less nutritious. Merely fun and tasty to him.

Cooked bones are very sharp, will splinter and can puncture, and tear their insides. Raw ones will just break up.

BTW, raw chicken with bones are absolutely fine for dogs, cooked chicken bones are particularly dangerous.

Comment

My point is Cleve, is that we pamper our pets and all they do is get fat on Dog Food. All you have to do is read the label. I never gave my dog chicken bones. I have a great cat story, however. Somehow, the cat ate a bone and it got stuck in her throat. And, I mean stuck. I just watched her try and hack it up but no go. I picked up the cat and but her up to my chest with her facing forward. I but both my hands on her chest and did a Heimlich on her. It worked. A couple of pumps and the bone shot out. I was very proud and a little surprised that it worked.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
              I have a great cat story, however. Somehow, the cat ate a bone and it got stuck in her throat. And, I mean stuck.
              I got a better cat story. Years ago when I had a cat (because of stupid ex-gf) it had a habit of eating balloon strings. Woke up one morning and the stupid cat was running around meowing like crazy with 2 ft of balloon string hanging out it's ass. GF freaks and wants to take it to the vet. I stepped on the string and kicked the cat down the stairs, problem solved!! :ROTF:

We broke up not too long afterwards.

Comment

Dude, I'm laughing so hard I'm crying...

That had to hurt a bit....

Harsh... hehehe...

Comment

Would that make it a: "Chatty Catty". That joke is about as obscure as I have ever been . Does anyone get that?

Comment

Ummm.... No....

Comment

No contest here. Just something an old fart remembers.:ROTF:

Comment

.. King of the Hill revised that line I believe..Chatty Cathy=local gossip queen.. or King.
                        Chatty Catty=overly talkin kitty.

I'm a cat lover... but that was a rather funny senario save for the kick down the stairs..

Dang Cleve.. I never knew that about pet food.. recycled horse yeah....but the actual pets too.
                        I fed my cat Wysong towards the end.
                        Last edited by charvelguy; 03-22-2007, 02:11 PM.

Comment

They found "Rat Poison" in the food. Preliminary findings.

Comment

Working...
                          X