X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charged astronaut gets new Navy job

Amazing....

----------------------------------------

CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas - The former astronaut fired by NASA after she was charged with trying to kidnap a romantic rival will develop flight lesson plans as part of her new military assignment.
    if
    Navy Capt. Lisa Nowak will work on developing curriculum and training programs when she joins the staff of the Chief of Naval Air Training Command in Corpus Christi next month, said a Navy spokesman, Lt. Sean Robertson.

She was originally expected to report for work this week, but Robertson said Nowak will start her new job in April.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070321/...6OFJsPz4Os0NUE

unfriggin real.......
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Now if that had been a normal person...

Comment

For some reason I think if I added those criminal charges into my resume I would not get the same results. That nuckin futs. A lot of people cant get decent jobs just because they have bad credit.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
          She was originally expected to report for work this week, but Robertson said Nowak will start her new job in April.

Yeah, something about making an emergency cross country trip first involving diapers, pepper spray and.......

Comment

Just when you think the world can't get more nuts...

Guess it's time for me to go out and commit a few felonies...

Comment

I heard about this on the radio last week, and the explanation was that no case like hers has ever happened, and NASA has no system like the military court martial. Supposedly, she was a Navy officer to begin with, innocent until proven guilty, yadda yadda, so this type of reassignment made the most sense to the bureaucrats in charge. Makes sense on paper maybe, but looks stupid in practice.

Comment

I think if the charges prove true, the Navy will court marshall her eventually.
                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Or they will let the civilian court prosecute her and then dishonorably discharge her when she is convicted and sent to prison.
                  -Rick

Comment

eh I say who cares. Life's not fair and her crime won't affect her ability to develop curriculum and training programs

Comment

I dunno... If someone can't think enough to keep their head on their shoulders when they're bumming about what is not even supposed to be a real love affair, then I'd wonder about her abilities in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason1212 View Post
                        For some reason I think if I added those criminal charges into my resume I would not get the same results. That nuckin futs. A lot of people cant get decent jobs just because they have bad credit.
                        + a LOT!!!

Comment

I think she should be a spokesperson for depend undergarments.
                          sigpic

Comment

Navy......go figure! Damn squids.
                            Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
                              I dunno... If someone can't think enough to keep their head on their shoulders when they're bumming about what is not even supposed to be a real love affair, then I'd wonder about her abilities in general.
                              Well, at least 25% of the people in the US are mentally ill to some degree, and for many it will manifest with relationship issues. The reassignment is probably as much to get her away from stud dude as anything else.

The alternative, since she otherwise has a great record, is to let her sit home and draw her full pay to do nothing. I prefer her to use her abilities, but put her in with ugly dudes so she won 't fall again! :ROTF:
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X