lost my job...help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texasfury View Post
    cookie is right, move to Canada. They are paying people $150K a year to extract oil from shale.
    No experiance or particular education needed? If it's that easy I'll have to come over there myself..
    "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Originally posted by Guitardude86 View Post
      No experiance or particular education needed? If it's that easy I'll have to come over there myself..
      There are some very high paying jobs in the oil & gas industry that you can get with minimal education if you are interested in working on a drilling rig or at an oilsands operation. The construction industry is booming because the oil & gas industry is booming. There is something like $100 billion in industrial capital projects going on right now. As more people move here to work in the O&G sector the spin off is the residential construction side is booming. Last year the average price of housing went up 45% because they just cannot build houses fast enough.

Right now pretty much any skilled labour is in demand e.g. trades, engineers, healthcare workers, accountants, but also, there is an incredible demand for labour with less formal education in O&G and construction.
      Last edited by cookiemonster2; 03-24-2007, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Yeah, my cousin is planning on heading up to the diamond mines to be a mechanic for the trucks. $160k a year, with nothing to spend it on, and very little tax because of isolation. Is was either that, or to goto Alberta and make $150k a year, haha.

It's booming over there for sure! I remember hearing that good 'ol Timmys is paying almost $16/hour just because they can't find anyone to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Freyr View Post
          Yeah, my cousin is planning on heading up to the diamond mines to be a mechanic for the trucks. $160k a year, with nothing to spend it on, and very little tax because of isolation. Is was either that, or to goto Alberta and make $150k a year, haha.

It's booming over there for sure! I remember hearing that good 'ol Timmys is paying almost $16/hour just because they can't find anyone to work.
          Yes the retail and restaurant industry can't get people either. Even in Edmonton you could walk into just about any store and they are looking for help but the pay is closer to what you'ld expect places like that to pay.

Comment

If I was single, I might consider a move up there but I cant deal with the cold. That's why I moved from dayton ohio to sw florida. Can't say I'm not tempted...better health care, more job opportunities, best weed in the world, and less terror threat...who would want to attack canada? they dont get hurricanes either, do they? If global warming continues, in a few years I might be able to deal with the weather.
            "tie two birds together and though they have four wings, they cannot fly"

Comment

Last edited by texasfury; 10-04-2008, 07:36 PM.
              Just a guitar player...

Comment

Working...
              X