So where are they hiding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wakeUPdead View Post
    Apparently a JACKSON guitar is a joke to him, he went on about me living in a trailer park, listening to slayer, driving a beat up pickup, hauling around a half stack, and drinking whisky - not to mention playing a Jackson.
    Well, I guess he was full of himself as well as shit.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I dunno man, everytime I mention my Jackson those guys are like.... ohh 80's style man, like Van Halen and stuff, cool, let's burn... but then again I've never had conversations (with the purpose to jam or to do some project) with musicans who don't want to play with me

but I know the backround here pretty well, I know exactly who are the assholes and who are not, so I don't even bother talking with the assholes, my friend who is one of the leading jazz fusion guitarists here, goes into this music school where most of the people are into jazz but there are few of them who aren't assholes. Most of them think they are so badass and whatnot, they can get away with that shit until I'm around, I'll put my foot in their ass.

But it's better dealing with those dickweeds than those cocksmokers who hang out in rock/metal bars and whatnot, they just flat out suck, the jazz dicks can at least play, some are actually pretty fucking awsome. Like one young alto-sax player, dude has an amazing pitch, he can transcribe ANYTHING instantly, he is fucking 18 or something but he jammed with Eric Marienthal who has been the most wanted sex player in the world for the last 15-20 years, and they were equal. But this dude is so cocky and full of himself.... hey I'm cocky too but at least I'm cool .... anyway I don't even bother talking with him. I'll wait until he matures and goes thru some shitty times and understands he is not the next Charlie Parker.
      Last edited by Endrik; 03-26-2007, 02:41 PM.
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I forgot to mention, you have to prove yourself to get the respect from good players, most of them sound cocky and don't give a shit if you just talk with them, but showing that you got skills, they come and talk to you. My friend.. the drummer who has a Paiste deal, he is very funny and friendly but he can be the rudest SOB with other musicians who haven't showed their shit. But if you show him you can burn, he's your best friend who is willing to do anything for you.
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
          I don't really know what the scene is like here but if the local bands I've heard are any indication then you cannot play metal if you have a normal singer it's growling ONLY... I sort of want to try and get into or start a band sometime soon but I've been afraid due to lack of experience and hating growling vocals and indie garbage
          What are you looking to do? There IS a lot of death metal around here, but there's been some more decent bands with clean vocals coming out. Drop me a line, I'll see if I know any bands that'll fit what you're looking for.
          Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Brother Sinistas is doing some networking!

Endrik man your absolutely right man and after all the shit I've seen so far, even as little as its been I can totally understand. Hmmm, I guess I just need to hunt for that group around here. But I'm not sure that exsists, I think for your emo/screamo hardcore bit-they have a group.

Then theres always those kids at guitar stores who try to tune a floyd with the tuning keys instead of fine tuners while its locked. Haha saw that the other day.

I guess to find this group I'm gonna have to start going to some shows to find them. That would seem thats where they are.

Comment

I know a lot of bands around here and musicians who don't have bands, so I do what I can
              Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

SUP?
                Welcome to my HELL bro :ROTF:
                I'm a metalhead from chicago, living in ALA-FUCKIN-BAMA
                where "Deliverance" is veiwed as a love story! and i'm currently looking for my 15th,,yeah,,no shit,,,,15th drummer.
                I feel your pain brother

MOSH ON
                DAVE
                "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Haha! This guy knows whats up! Got any funny stories.

Oh and with this it reminds me, I was in the circle of guitarist back home in my little small town life. But eh I always got looked down on because they always saw me as the beginner ya know. But I tell ya I have definately caught up with them in half the time it took them to get to where they are now.

Man its all attitude ya know, all the people who made it sure earned it. And whatever "made it" is to you man I say press on!

Got any funny drummer stories though? Cause I know you got some, your probably the champ of these. And what about the guys on here who had/have some success?

Comment

Hang tough people. The right people are out there. It is harder to find in smaller towns though. My last few bands have been good, but I was so sick of having band practices called of for BS reasons. "I can't make it to practice, I have to wash the dog" Give me a fuckin break....

Comment

(Digging this old thread up!)

Found a guy talked to him for about 2 weeks. We made plans to jam yesterday, I was like shit yeah!

Well I sat here waiting for him to call and I never heard the phone ring, but got an email that he called and was on his way anyway. Nobody showed up, I called him three times. And no answer on his cell phone.

And I emailed him saying I called, and was wondering if its still on. (I work 3rd shift man, sleeping on the weekend = )

Not to mention I was warming up for the hours he decided not to show up so its no LOSS! Sigh. Wonder if he'll fall off the face of the earth.

I do have another option in sight though, but I'd hate to go through a co-worker to get it. Work sucks.

Comment

Working...
                      X