It never ends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by straycat View Post
    Her grandmother needs to take control NOW.At 16 girls are not women they are still kids.Have a serious talk with her for her sake.
    What he said! When she is 18 she is an adult. I got a 17 year old son who likes to push the rules a little(Thank God he hasn't gotten his girlfriend pregnant). I tell him in a year he will have more freedom (and responsibility) than he will want. My wife got pregnant with him when she was 17. (I adopted him at 4 years old when Deb and I got married.) She lived with her Parents. The Boyfriend abandoned them! And she had to grow up quick. Her dad made her finish High School...and then go to work. He provided room and board, which she really needed. But, she had to work and take care of the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by dd3keegs View Post
      What he said! When she is 18 she is an adult. I got a 17 year old son who likes to push the rules a little(Thank God he hasn't gotten his girlfriend pregnant). I tell him in a year he will have more freedom (and responsibility) than he will want. My wife got pregnant with him when she was 17. (I adopted him at 4 years old when Deb and I got married.) She lived with her Parents. The Boyfriend abandoned them! And she had to grow up quick. Her dad made her finish High School...and then go to work. He provided room and board, which she really needed. But, she had to work and take care of the baby.
      Holy shit, dude ! That's almost a verbatim take on my situation.

My wife was pregnant in highschool. She took a bit of time off but still graduated on time (she had him in march so she didn't miss much of her junior year). She lived with her parents and worked at Sams and at a horse riding center to support him. "Dad" decided that having a kid was cramping his style and he left and didn't try and contact until after I was in the picture for a couple of years. That turned out to be a good thing, though, because the scumbag "sold" his sons custody rights for the $9000 he owed my wife in back child support. So I was able to adopt him and the rest is history (and thankfully I don't think my son remembers much of the scumbag sperm-donor that was his biological father).

Comment

Originally posted by wakeUPdead View Post
        Its a dark path man no doubt, and it has alot of difficult times ahead. And the choice of abortion is just that a choice. But when I think about my neice and how smart she is, how big shes gotten - life itself. Its just amazing, and I couldn't imagine her dead.
        Great words - very well put. Your sister sounds like a great person.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
        X