Metallica Baby/Swedish Rednecks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metallica Baby/Swedish Rednecks

I would almost expect someone from say Texas to do this, but Sweden?

http://apnews.excite.com/article/200...D8O99GJ00.html

You do realize Lars is already consulting a lawyer about an international lawsuit... :ROTF:

Comment

People are strange man.
      -Rick

Comment

The weird thing is that in France and Germany you have registers of officially approved names. Until recently, if you were Muslim or African or Asian, no such names were on the list. I guess Sweden is the same. I think those officials would have an aneurism if they ever came to the United States.

Dweezil Zappa would be John Zappa if he were born elsewhere, and the Dweezil Green guitars would be John Green guitars.

Comment

Why would you want your daughter to be teased about being a sell-out?
          Scott

Comment

"Jävla CP-apor"
            "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Originally posted by danastas View Post
              The weird thing is that in France and Germany you have registers of officially approved names. Until recently, if you were Muslim or African or Asian, no such names were on the list. I guess Sweden is the same. I think those officials would have an aneurism if they ever came to the United States.

yeah, no kidding.

Officially accepted names... A clear example of a government thats too involved in peoples personal lives.
              Guitars:
              '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
              '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
              '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
              Amp:
              VOX AD30VT

Comment

Couple fights to name baby 'Metallica'

Full story: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070403/...baby_metallica

STOCKHOLM, Sweden - Metallica may be a cool name for a heavy metal band, but a Swedish couple is struggling to convince officials it is also suitable for a baby girl.

Michael and Karolina Tomaro are locked in a court battle with Swedish authorities, which rejected their application to name their six-month-old child after the legendary rock band.

Although little Metallica has already been baptized, the Swedish National Tax Board refused to register the name, saying it was associated with both the rock group and the word "metal."

IIRC there's also someone named "golden-palace.com", so "Metallica" shouldn't be a problem imo haha.
                "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

hmmm, in sweden the government can decide baby names? you have to get approval to name your child? i am confused....
                  GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68474

Ha ha, I've always wanted to do this. I feel like checking some spelling now, too.

Comment

D'oh, I knew this was bound to be posted.. unclear topic titles nowadays
                      "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Last edited by texasfury; 10-04-2008, 07:31 PM.
                        Just a guitar player...

Comment

The name is way cool. One of the best, if not the best, band names ever. Here, in the US, we can name our kids anything we want. If anything, those parents ought to be bitch-slapped. But for the government to say you can't name your own kid anything you want goes too far.
                          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I would hate to be named metallica, love the band but i just like Mike a little bit more

Comment

I'm just a William and or Bill. I agree. These BS artsy fartsy names will not help in the long run.
                              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Working...
                              X