Metallica Baby/Swedish Rednecks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
    As I said on the other thread, try naming your kid Cocksucker or Motherfucker and see if the local authorities will let you put that on the birth certificate. I bet they wouldn't and I bet the courts would support them.

Is Metallica unacceptable? Who knows? I think it's kind of shitty to name your kid that, but Gladys and Horace may well feel the same...
    You're probably right, but here you're talking about naming a child something clearly obscene versus something a bit unusual but clearly not obscene.

Personally, I sure as hell wouldn't allow someone to name their kid something obscene like "motherfucker" or "cocksucker".
    Guitars:
    '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
    '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
    '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
    Amp:
    VOX AD30VT

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
      As I said on the other thread, try naming your kid Cocksucker or Motherfucker and see if the local authorities will let you put that on the birth certificate. I bet they wouldn't and I bet the courts would support them.

Is Metallica unacceptable? Who knows? I think it's kind of shitty to name your kid that, but Gladys and Horace may well feel the same...

Well, it depends. I know the word Vagina isn't obscene, but a mother in Atlanta did name her daughter Vagina.

Comment

Originally posted by UFORocks View Post
        You're probably right, but here you're talking about naming a child something clearly obscene versus something a bit unusual but clearly not obscene.

Personally, I sure as hell wouldn't allow someone to name their kid something obscene like "motherfucker" or "cocksucker".
        See, I don't get this. The American Vice President has an obscene first name. Yah see, it's allowed.

Comment

I just have to do it.:ROTF: "Here today. Gone Tomaro". "Who's on first?" Let parents name their kids anything they want. It worked 30 years ago.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: I'm so anal I can see my ass.
          Last edited by fett; 04-04-2007, 08:30 PM.
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
            The name is way cool. One of the best, if not the best, band names ever.
            I always thought Metallica was one of the goofier band names. The first time I heard of them I remember thinking how lame it sounded. What, you want to make yourselves seem more "metal" by actually including the word "metal" in your band name? It seemed stupid to me back then, although a lot of band names seem stupid at first glance until they just become part of the musical landscape.

Originally posted by shobet View Post
            I hope you baught him a pint.
            hehe. Them Welsh spell funny.
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by danastas View Post
              See, I don't get this. The American Vice President has an obscene first name. Yah see, it's allowed.
              And your president's name is Bush!
              Originally posted by danastas View Post
              Well, it depends. I know the word Vagina isn't obscene, but a mother in Atlanta did name her daughter Vagina.
              I think my daughter's Clitoris, Labia & Vulva have pretty names. If I have another son, I shall name him Vas Deferens Bruce. Although kids might make fun of his initials (VD)
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Actually, Led Zepplin, is the greatist name for a rock band. You had to be 18 when they hit. But, I didn't name my kid Led Zepp Rogers.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: He's just Keith Garrett Rogers.

Comment

A parent has the right to name their kid anything they want. "Bonifa" No government has any right to dis-allow a name. Governments have intruded on everything else in our lives. If I want to name my next kid:ROTF: Butthead, that's my right as the dickhead.

Comment

Oops, sorry wrong thread.
                    Last edited by delt; 04-04-2007, 09:16 PM.
                    "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                    The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Who knows, maybe your name means "suck my dick" in burmese or pakistani

A few years ago there was this case about a couple who wanted to name their baby boy "spatule" (a spatula) and the quebec/canada authorities didn't allow it.
                      "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                      The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Originally posted by delt View Post
                        Who knows, maybe your name means "suck my dick" in burmese or pakistani

A few years ago there was this case about a couple who wanted to name their baby "spatule" (a spatula) and the quebec/canada authorities didn't allow it.
                        You raise a good point. Do you know what it means to "roger" someone? I'll save you the suspence.:ROTF: My last name is Rogers. And in old english a roger was a buttfu.......:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: That doesn't make a bad person. Does it?
                        Last edited by fett; 04-04-2007, 09:22 PM.

Comment

I don't know what the "olden day" definition was, but today, to give someone a good rogering doesn't necessarily mean you're coming through the tradesman's entrance.
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

I believe that Gary means "mighty pork sword" in Gaelic...
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                              I don't know what the "olden day" definition was, but today, to give someone a good rogering doesn't necessarily mean you're coming through the tradesman's entrance.
                              They cleaned it up a bit. All this time I thought I was doomed.:ROTF: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger So, I am William Rogers. How good does that get? And I am a Leo and a Viking god-like person.
                              Last edited by fett; 04-04-2007, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                                They cleaned it up a bit. All this time I thought I was doomed.:ROTF: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger So, I am William Rogers. How good does that get? And I am a Leo and a Viking god-like person.
                                I thought Mr. Rogers was dead!?!?!?
                                Scott

Comment

Working...
                                X