Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fostex VF80?

Not sure where to put this.
    Anyone have any experience with the Fostex VF80? I found one for a decent price.
    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

I had the 16 track - worked really well. Only issue I had was with getting tracks onto my PC - I find doing any major editing/work on a multi track recorder to be a real pain in the ass typically due to the small screen.

Pete

Comment

Thanks Pete, Were you able to get the tracks to PC at all? I've been looking at some web info and it doesn't look like it has any data ports.

Comment

I bought one a couple of years back, then sold it when my wife had twins and I sold it on to the school I work in. Its not bad but there are a few issues. First, mine had a problem with one of the tracks- so check you can record on them all before you buy. Second, 7&8 are linked stereo tracks so you have to be careful about how you record. Then there are only two inputs, so basic drums only.
        It can be a bit of a pig to get used to recording on it, not as intuitive as some other stuff, but it is a proper hd recorder, no data compression.
        If it's cheap, and is suitable for what you want to do, go for it. Here's the spec. You may need to buy an interface to make it talk to a modern pc.
        http://www.fostex.com/support/pdf/fo...data_sheet.pdf

Comment

Thanks for the tip Richard I'll see if they let me demo it.

Comment

Working...
          X